_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Do All Multicam Uniforms Have Kneepads?
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2014 - 06:41 AM UTC
I have the Legends SOF figures and I am wondering if I can paint them Multicam pattern. They lack the kneepads though.

So do all Multicam uniforms come with the embedded kneepads?

Are the Legend SOF figures ACU pattern only?

Thanks in advance.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2014 - 07:07 AM UTC
Mine are inserts. And for some reason not all have the pockets for them, so either way, you can have them without knee pads.
Neo
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 916 posts
Armorama: 758 posts
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2014 - 08:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have the Legends SOF figures and I am wondering if I can paint them Multicam pattern. They lack the kneepads though.

My son is getting ready to deploy and he is getting the new "Scorpion" (OCP) pattern (MultiCam not called MultiCam so you don't have to pay copyright fees). Want me to ask him?
Trisaw
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2014 - 11:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

My son is getting ready to deploy and he is getting the new "Scorpion" (OCP) pattern (MultiCam not called MultiCam so you don't have to pay copyright fees). Want me to ask him?

Sure, please ask him. That would be most helpful. Thanks.
Trisaw
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2014 - 01:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Mine are inserts. And for some reason not all have the pockets for them, so either way, you can have them without knee pads.

Thanks, Rob. I've seen modelers paint the Legend figures Multicam pattern. I take it SOF teams don't wear ACUs and Multicams, meaning they ALL wear ACUs or ALL wear Multicams, correct?

And I never saw any soldier mix ACU with Multicam patterns.
Stefan1580
Visit this Community
Berlin, Germany
KitMaker: 360 posts
Armorama: 354 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2014 - 01:41 AM UTC
The new Scorpion W2 resembles the well known MultiCam pattern in several ways but the two are not the same.

Here are some interesting informations about the Scorpion Camo.

scorpion-camo-history

Multicam Alongside OCP

Tom all the best wishes to your son. Let him come home save and fast afte his job is done.
BigSplashBear
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 25 posts
Armorama: 25 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2014 - 02:31 AM UTC
Here is an Aussie set.
http://www.platatac.com/platatac-tac-dax-special-projects-mkii-multicam.html
Knee pads:
http://www.platatac.com/platatac-tac-dax-knee-pad-inserts-pair.html
Similar process for shirts.
The knee pads do fit in but generally go in with a bit of cursing and muttering.

Bear out.
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,210 posts
Armorama: 1,712 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2014 - 05:11 AM UTC
ACU is not a camouflage pattern but it is a cut of uniform. But the pattern usually seen on ACU uniforms is called UCP. ACU stands for Army Combat Uniform while UCP is Universal Camouflage Pattern. You can have Multicam or OCP on ACU's as well. The ACU uniform replaced the BDU and DCU, which is Battle Dress Uniform and Desert Combat Uniform, respectively. UCP is no longer the current pattern issued and is quickly being phased out. Being replaced by the Scorpion pattern, which is related to Multicam. The UCP pattern was disliked by the soldiers using it as it is not that effective in an environment such as the Middle East where the only true places that it would work would be on granite Hills and in some grandmother's couches. For example:

So they US Army put out a request for a new camouflage pattern. The end result is obvious.

Regarding the pads, you can cuts if uniform with the pads slipping in pockets with the face exposed, or you could have closed pockets with none of the pad exposed. Same thing on the jacket. You can also have trousers with no pockets for the pads. But to me, this might not seem likely.
Trisaw
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2014 - 06:33 AM UTC
Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I can paint the Legends SOF figures Scorpion pattern based on the replies. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Which brings me to another question. Live-Resin makes knee and elbow pads, BUT I believe the knees and elbows has to have either pad straps or stitched pockets for them. I mean one just can't glue on the hard rubber part on the knees and elbows and have that look passable as Multicam cut, right?
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,210 posts
Armorama: 1,712 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2014 - 09:30 AM UTC
Yeah... Theres specific pockets for the pads and they could be worn with straps. But multicam isn't a uniform cut, it's a camouflage pattern. ACU and BDU are cuts of uniform. And BDU's aren't being used anymore in any of the branches except the some of the Coast Guard, the US Air Force Auxiliary and the CAP.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2014 - 09:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I knew some girls who did!
 _GOTOTOP