_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
AFV Club: Rota Trailer
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2014 - 07:04 AM UTC

For those looking for something to pull, AFV Club has announced that the Rota Trailer is now available separately.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Keef1648
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,240 posts
Armorama: 1,192 posts
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2014 - 06:21 PM UTC
Oh dear, don't show Mike Roof this, he always seems to start scratch building an item only to find it showing up in plastic part way through his task...

Keith.
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 2,238 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2014 - 07:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Oh dear, don't show Mike Roof this, he always seems to start scratch building an item only to find it showing up in plastic part way through his task...

Keith.

LOL!

What can I say?

Jeffery has completed his detailed, reverse engineered plans, and I can say that the AFV Club trailer is a good approximation of the real thing, but it's also incorrect in several major areas. In particular, the AFV Club pump assembly and stowage area are total fiction, and the main interior stowage is grossly simplified.

Not surprisingly, research on the pump assembly and stowage area was the most difficult aspect for Jeff and I. This undoubtedly accounts for AFV Club's poor showing in this area. I do believe that Jeff and I did "crack the code," and Jeff's plans and the build will be an accurate depiction of the prototype.

Still, this'll come in handy for some bits and pieces.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,240 posts
Armorama: 1,192 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2014 - 01:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Keith.

LOL!

What can I say?

Jeffery has completed his detailed, reverse engineered plans, and I can say that the AFV Club trailer is a good approximation of the real thing, but it's also incorrect in several major areas. In particular, the AFV Club pump assembly and stowage area are total fiction, and the main interior stowage is grossly simplified.

Not surprisingly, research on the pump assembly and stowage area was the most difficult aspect for Jeff and I. This undoubtedly accounts for AFV Club's poor showing in this area. I do believe that Jeff and I did "crack the code," and Jeff's plans and the build will be an accurate depiction of the prototype.

Still, this'll come in handy for some bits and pieces.

What can I say other than, like yourself I often buy kits for 'handy bits and peices'

Keith.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2014 - 02:56 AM UTC
Here are a couple of images on this subject you may find of help.

SdAufKla
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 2,238 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2014 - 05:37 AM UTC
Thanks, Darren!

For anyone interested in getting the details accurate, I'd suggest studying these sketches and comparing them closely to the AFV Club kit.

I think you will find some clues as to at least some of the things that AFV Club "imagineered" on their kit.

Happy modeling!
 _GOTOTOP