_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
"Bridge under fire " dio
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 08:06 PM UTC
This is an older dio of mine. Nothing great but build it in a very difficult era (financially, emotionaly, family conditions..etc.) so its important to me reminding me a time that my hobby was helping me getting away . If you like comment please. Thanks in advance

https://gallery.kitmaker.net/data/12357/3318bridge11-thumb.jpg

more pictures posted in the gallery
IGI
Visit this Community
Thessaloniki, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 51 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 10:26 PM UTC
thank's for this photo brother, it is very helpfull for me to build my kit . The tamiya kit has no basket, only the moto. I ll check your gallery for extra details. I agree that this hobby helps you to forget the problems and makes you feel better.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 11:34 PM UTC
Always have fun with your builds!!!!
I just checked out your diorama, couple of points I'd like to offer. With the bridge construction.. I would offer that there should be some vertical rope from the hand rail rope down around under the planks. That is a mighty big span (about 20 scale feet or so) and to have no support holding the middle up makes for a tenuous crossing.
The motorcycle and the figures are a touch on the 'flat' side (not shiney vs. flat) but almost one dimentional. I think a bit more wash would help bring out the detail and give dimention to it.
I like the id mark on the front of the motor cycle that look well done.
I'd like to see a couple more close up photos of the bank with the figures to get a better idea of the story.
MEBM
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 1,055 posts
Armorama: 530 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 09:14 AM UTC
Blast! I can't have my friends see this site! That makes my dio look pitiful! But, hey, maybe I'll get better when I can get back to work. Good job!
 _GOTOTOP