_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Dmom
Blackstoat
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 568 posts
Armorama: 561 posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2014 - 06:48 AM UTC
Hi all

DMOM disappointment

I'm afraid I can't hide my disappointment. After a second place in February I was incredibly pleased. Anyway, 6 months later and no prize took the lustre off it somewhat. So I mentioned it to the staff here who suggested 1. Dragon are crap.... 2. my Girlfriend hid the prize. Either way, I have no prize for coming second.

Disappointed =- I guess the only winners are Aromorama who do not seem to care and get to post my model pics !!!!!

Learn People
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,275 posts
Armorama: 2,233 posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2014 - 08:02 AM UTC
thats not right...come on armorama staff , buy Andy a model. A zim Tiger I tank!
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2014 - 11:17 AM UTC
Andy I have deleted all but one of your threads on this topics, as saying the same thing umpteen times will not alter the way this is handled. All members who had not received their award from Dragon Models after a DMoM were asked to check that a significant other or neighbour had taken in your prize; if you felt that we were saying your partner or neighbours were thieves, you are very much mistaken as it was our duty to check that someone else had not taken your prize in and forgotten about; It has happened before.

Did you contact Keith when requested and did you follow this up after a reasonable period of time when your prize still had not arrived? Spamming the forums will not get you any traction with the staff on the KitMaker Network and if it happens again I will take alternate action than I have done today. None of the staff or the publisher has the ability to force Dragon Models to send you a prize, what Keith will do is contact Dragon Models and again ask that this issue is remedied as soon as possible, if Keith is not informed about the situation he can only believe that the issue is resolved.

As for your comments about Armorama being the only winners, you are mistaken. The DMoM was instigated as a way of giving our members a chance to showcase their work and have the chance of winning a prize from Dragon Models. No-one makes you enter the competition and beyond Keith and Jim passing on your postal address to Dragon Models, Dragon Models have supplied the prizes to many members on this Network for quite a few years and surprize, things do go wrong as regards members getting their prizes in a timely manner. I do accept that 10 months is an appalling amount of time to elapse, but when was the last time you informed Keith of this issue?

As for your comment Dave: I will treat your usual negative comment with the contempt it deserves.

I apologise to the members who took the time to reply in any of the other threads that Andy had started and I have deleted.
Blackstoat
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2014 - 01:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Andy I have deleted all but one of your threads on this topics, as saying the same thing umpteen times will not alter the way this is handled. All members who had not received their award from Dragon Models after a DMoM were asked to check that a significant other or neighbour had taken in your prize; if you felt that we were saying your partner or neighbours were thieves, you are very much mistaken as it was our duty to check that someone else had not taken your prize in and forgotten about; It has happened before.

Did you contact Keith when requested and did you follow this up after a reasonable period of time when your prize still had not arrived? Spamming the forums will not get you any traction with the staff on the KitMaker Network and if it happens again I will take alternate action than I have done today. None of the staff or the publisher has the ability to force Dragon Models to send you a prize, what Keith will do is contact Dragon Models and again ask that this issue is remedied as soon as possible, if Keith is not informed about the situation he can only believe that the issue is resolved.

As for your comments about Armorama being the only winners, you are mistaken. The DMoM was instigated as a way of giving our members a chance to showcase their work and have the chance of winning a prize from Dragon Models. No-one makes you enter the competition and beyond Keith and Jim passing on your postal address to Dragon Models, Dragon Models have supplied the prizes to many members on this Network for quite a few years and surprize, things do go wrong as regards members getting their prizes in a timely manner. I do accept that 10 months is an appalling amount of time to elapse, but when was the last time you informed Keith of this issue?

As for your comment Dave: I will treat your usual negative comment with the contempt it deserves.

I apologise to the members who took the time to reply in any of the other threads that Andy had started and I have deleted.

Thanks Darren

Yes, did all of that 5 months ago. Told Keith about it twice - nothing. Posted on here, got derisory comments about my partner hiding the prize etc. The short and tall of it is I was never sent any prize and nobody at your organisation seems to have done anything...

I would aapologise for spam posting, but on this I occasion it appears to be the only thing that gets a reaction.

Yes, nobody forced me to enter your competition. But there was a prize on offer. From where I'm sat that appears to be pure fiction. It's your competition, you're responsible for issuing the prizes. I'm not bothered about Dragon etc, the competition is yours - sort a prize.
Sort it please and post on here what you have done.

Blackstoat
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2014 - 02:06 PM UTC
Oh. And thanks for your support Dave.

Bizarre
Visit this Community
Akershus, Norway
KitMaker: 1,709 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2014 - 02:20 PM UTC
Do you have tracking no from Dragon? If not that means they never sent it.

Hederstierna
Visit this Community
Nordjylland, Denmark
KitMaker: 1,102 posts
Armorama: 1,018 posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2014 - 03:46 PM UTC
Andy
I too did win a second place in this competition a couple of years ago, and I too had to ask the Armorama for help in reciving my Price from Dragon. But in my case the Armorama staff did get me the Price, and Darren was very helfull in this matter, so I guess you have just been very unlucky. The only true evil in my case was the Danish customs, which charged me around 55$ for the package
Hope you'll recive your well earned Price soon.
Jacob
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2014 - 08:40 PM UTC
Andy I keep a very close eye on the forums, one thread will get my attention. Send the relevant information to Keith and Jim Starkweather who will chase it up again.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2014 - 08:57 PM UTC
Dear Andy,
I can understand your frustration. I emailed Dragon in April initially about your February win of the DMOM.

I then emailed them again in June, and then August, and lastly about 2 minutes ago.

I had thought that back in August when we were finding a real slew of prizes had not been sent out that they would have rectified this problem, but it would appear not. If I don't hear back specifically on your prize with shipping info, etc. I will personally send you something.

Best wishes,
Jim
ComaBlack
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 194 posts
Armorama: 148 posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2014 - 09:21 PM UTC
Way to be a poor winner. Because international recognition of your skills wasn't good enough eh?
Blackstoat
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 01:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Dear Andy,
I can understand your frustration. I emailed Dragon in April initially about your February win of the DMOM.

I then emailed them again in June, and then August, and lastly about 2 minutes ago.

I had thought that back in August when we were finding a real slew of prizes had not been sent out that they would have rectified this problem, but it would appear not. If I don't hear back specifically on your prize with shipping info, etc. I will personally send you something.

Best wishes,
Jim

Thanks Jim. Unfortunately I wasn't aware of any of that.

Simon - go away
ComaBlack
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 194 posts
Armorama: 148 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 09:47 PM UTC
Good thing Jim seems to be in the holiday spirit. I guess its true that the squeeky wheel gets the grease.
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,238 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 11:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Way to be a poor winner. Because international recognition of your skills wasn't good enough eh?

Totally uncalled for personal attack.
Blackstoat
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2014 - 04:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Totally uncalled for personal attack.

Thanks Mike. My reply took some restraint
Blackstoat
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 03:18 AM UTC
At risk of being a "poor winner", I'm afraid to say I'm still waiting for a prize.

Thought I'd say something before we hit the first anniversary.

Thanks for you assistance

Andy
 _GOTOTOP