_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Some Projects On My Messy Workbench.
chazman
KitMaker: 88 posts
Armorama: 85 posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2014 - 10:11 AM UTC
Here's a Fallujah/US Marine piece I've been working on, off and on.

Sorry for the really bad cellphone pics.

chazman
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2014 - 10:17 AM UTC
More coming......
chazman
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2014 - 10:27 AM UTC
Tamiya's DKW and rider with Alpine head. About 90% done. I don't know why the smock looks glossy, it's dead flat in the flesh.

chazman
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2014 - 11:02 AM UTC
These close up pics are brutal! Looks like I need to touch up the oak leaf camo on the rider's smock.
chazman
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 12:43 AM UTC
Boy, these pictures being so large are so useful. Looks like I need to re-do a couple of things on the Marines, as well.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 02:34 AM UTC
The basic figs look really nice. I also like to post on-line to see all of the boo boos that need fixing. And....I have a lot of them,
J
chazman
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 02:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The basic figs look really nice. I also like to post on-line to see all of the boo boos that need fixing. And....I have a lot of them,
J

Yeah, I think I'm going to take pictures of them from now on. You can really see all the mistakes!
chazman
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 10:19 AM UTC
More!

This was for an old diorama I never finished about 25 years ago. See a pattern here? He was rattling around in a spare parts box and found him about 10 years ago. Originally done in oils, and then touched up with acrylics after I rediscovered him.

This one I'd like to call "Old School", since I made him about 25 years ago. It's the old Tamiya Harley and rider. This was before resin heads and hands and PE. Just you, your X-acto saw and putty. This was a fairly extensive conversion using Tamiya parts. The top 50% of his head consists of Squadron Green Stuff and his hands are Historex drummer hands. I removed the wheel spokes to give the illusion of speed. I've been meaning to make some groundwork for it - for the past 10 years!

Notice how my photographic technique is getting more sophisticated - what, with the green background and all.

Those strands running from the Thompson's butt stock to the rider's face appear to be cobwebs.
mariointer
Visit this Community
Italy
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 57 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 10:31 PM UTC
Hi Chaz, congratulations for your figures: the german is really fantastic , a little fine dio,fhe gi usa om motorbike is interesting too considering his age.....but i orefer so much the two marines...i recognize the dead,is a wARRIORS israelian deadman, but could you desribe the two marines: they are a mix match of different piece or commercial figures??'Please describe me how you realized them!!!

Cingratulation.

Mario from Italy.
chazman
Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 12:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Chaz, congratulations for your figures: the german is really fantastic , a little fine dio,fhe gi usa om motorbike is interesting too considering his age.....but i orefer so much the two marines...i recognize the dead,is a wARRIORS israelian deadman, but could you desribe the two marines: they are a mix match of different piece or commercial figures??'Please describe me how you realized them!!!

Cingratulation.

Mario from Italy.

Hi Mario and thanks. The dead insurgent is a conversion from lots of different parts and plenty of putty. I know his head is a Hornet with putty beard and hair. One of his hands is from Verlinden. I have a hard time remembering exactly, I made him a few years ago. I modelled him to look like one of the hundreds of foreign fighters US forces killed there. Maybe a Saudi? Maybe a Yemeni? Maybe a Chechen? Wherever he came from, these Marines smoked him.

The US Marines are also conversions based on Masterbox, Dragon, Hornet, etc., parts, converted to appear like 2004 US Marines in Fallujah.

I literally looked at a couple hundred pictures to get these guys the look I wanted. Sometimes the research you do on a project is the most interesting part of it. Ask me about the 1956 Budapest uprising? Maybe I'll post some pics of that project later.
chazman
Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 10:16 AM UTC
I think the little dude and the signs look better after some touch ups. Who the heck knows? I might actually finish this one.

_GOTOTOP