_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
New Campaign
LittleNick
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 147 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 03:08 PM UTC
My idea for a new campagin is to make it a modern on. Only haveing modern Tanks, figures, moderin everything. I have never done this whole campagin thing before so i dont really know how it works. The best i can do is throw out what i am think and see if anyone can help me make it into a fun campagin. If any of my ideas seem to wrong please tell me
Here are my ideas
1)Modern Tanks Only
2)must be a Diorama
3)Cant be made straight out of box
4)if it involvs figures must be modern
5)Must have some type of vegetation
6)Diorama need to show something not just a tank siting on dirt.
8)Finally I need a list of Items baught and the total price(if Possible)

And again if any of this is to harsh or dosent seem right please tell me i am open to all ideas. I really dont want someone to take the idea and go and make their own Campagin. If you dont think this will work please tell me and i will try to think of something new

Thanks for all your help

Nick
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 06:56 PM UTC
hi Nick,
I like all campaign ideas because it gives more possibilities to share knowledge and experience between modelers. I have some doubts on the 8th..woodland scenics items..telling such a certain thing,a must with a company name can be pushing for modelers.
best regards
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 2,606 posts
Armorama: 1,721 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 08:55 PM UTC
Littlenick,
on top of what, in my view, Engin correctly pointed out I'd said I think:
- if you shouldn't spend more than 100 or 150 bucks it's ok with me, otherwise it's not so nice to put a so high "price" target. I think it's possible to do an excellent job spending far a lot less. If I go for scratchbuilding all of the campaign dio, quite likely il will cost me 10 to 15 bucks and so theoretically I could not join
- it will be very diffcult for me to make a final balance of what I've spent, and quite likely it will take more time than making the dio (2,75 grams of scenic grass, 8.25 square centimeters of .25 plasticard, ecc...
For the rest it's a very nice idea!!!
Ciao
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2004 - 06:01 AM UTC
I agree too - no need to set a price range. Let the modelers come up with their own ideas to meeting the Campaign challenge. Some can do it on the cheap - some might want to spend some money - some might already have what they need lying around in their hobby room just waiting to get used!

Gunnie
kkeefe
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,416 posts
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2004 - 06:19 AM UTC
Define "modern". Post WWII or last year's OIF?
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2004 - 07:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Define "modern". Post WWII or last year's OIF?

I think the conventional definition is anything post WW2, but personaly, I tend to think of "modern" as post-Vietnam to today. I guess this comes from being in the post-Vietnam era Army.

But I agree that this definition would need to be spelled out. Going by conventional wisdom, a late Sherman or Chaffee would be considered modern; going by my limited definition, it would not.

Any way, the Cold War Cook Off basically covered the majority of the modern armor era, stopping short at Desert Shield/Desert Storm.
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,127 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2004 - 07:31 AM UTC
personally i would consider anything post ODS, or the end of the cold war to be modern,

vietnam comes under cold war to me,

cheers

joe
phoenix-1
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 629 posts
Armorama: 340 posts
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2004 - 09:28 AM UTC
LittleNick-
Just writting to say that I would be interested in joining as sson as the wrinkles are worked out. Sory to add another kink but what would be the timeframe of the build (eg. January to ... )?
Kyle
LittleNick
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2004 - 10:29 AM UTC
Modern to me is Desert Storm is that seems to small of a topic please tell me and i will add what ever yall say

I can take off the price range its just i have seen many wiht a price limit

The time fram differs from when i get it started i would like it to start around march and end in July but thats just me
LittleNick
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 03:16 AM UTC
I would really like to get this started so please people can yall give me some imput
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 03:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

".......I agree too - no need to set a price range. Let the modelers come up with their own ideas to meeting the Campaign challenge. Some can do it on the cheap - some might want to spend some money - some might already have what they need lying around in their hobby room just waiting to get used!......"

I also agree with the Gunniemeister, don't set a 'price range'. I just completed the Twilight 2000 '03 Campaign and spent a bloody fortune on it. But, now that it's over I have a road apple load of Evergreen, Plastruc, Super Styrene, Basswood, and approx. a dozen left-over kit parts boxes just waiting to be used for the 'next' project! (anybody need a slightly used M113 hull with no top hull plates?)

Tread.
LittleNick
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 06:41 AM UTC
I will take off the price range
LittleNick
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 11:54 AM UTC
Weell this campagine dosent look like its going to work out. Thanks for your help all
LittleNick
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, January 12, 2004 - 11:12 AM UTC
Someone Reply
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Monday, January 12, 2004 - 11:49 AM UTC

Better luck next time...... I think you got some honest response's, just consider this attempt as 'research'........

Tread.
 _GOTOTOP