Q on VBCI suspension
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 28, 2014 - 03:55 PM UTC
Hi Gang,
kust bought me the Heller VBCI kit. After checking my refernces, I found that there are two different configurations of the shock absorbers. It looks like that some vehicles have the strut/coil spring absorbers covered with some kind of canvas or rubber tube. Which configuration is more common?
Thanks
H.-H.
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,716 posts
Armorama: 1,638 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 28, 2014 - 04:23 PM UTC
Hans from what i could find out the coil spring suspension is from the earlier machine and the new suspension is hydropneumatic and fully adjustable .
This has been fitted as a requirement because the vehicles weight upgrade from 29 to 32 tons .
This is what i could find out but some more info from other sources might be also a good idea .

Phill
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
Posted: Sunday, December 28, 2014 - 04:50 PM UTC
Hi Phil,
thanks for this.
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 28, 2014 - 08:42 PM UTC
Hi Hans Hermann,
the plastic cover is normally fitted to all VBCIs and VPCs (command variant). It's just a kind of dust or mud protection.
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
Posted: Sunday, December 28, 2014 - 09:31 PM UTC
Salut Olivier,
I just finished the covers, made from tissue. Currently I try to find out have much of the interior I have to superdetail.
BTW Merci for the excellent walkarounds on your site.
Cheers
H.-H.
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
Posted: Sunday, December 28, 2014 - 09:54 PM UTC
And one more question. Both crews from Djiti`s Production and Blast-Models wear body armor. I plan to build my VBCI used in France. Will this body armors also be worn on exercises in the homeland?
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2014 - 05:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Salut Olivier,
I just finished the covers, made from tissue. Currently I try to find out have much of the interior I have to superdetail.
BTW Merci for the excellent walkarounds on your site.
Cheers
H.-H.

Hans Hermann,
concerning the interior you'll have to detail the whole turret if you really want to go into details. But very few will remain visible.
For the crew compartment you can get some inspiration from this build by a French modeler VBCI interior

In France, the body armor is rarely used as most of those items are kept for deployment. That doesn't mean that you can't see soldiers wearing the body armor during the pre-deployment training though.

PS Glad you enjoy my walkarounds
Olivier
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 02:54 PM UTC
Hi Olivier,
excellent build from this guy. So I decided to stick to the crew compartment only. I started engraving the anti-slip mat and build now the protective walls for the ramp actuators.
H.-H.
 _GOTOTOP