_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
General frustrations
kiwibelg
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 939 posts
Armorama: 429 posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2014 - 03:20 AM UTC
Hi all,
I hate having to type such a negative post on the site but I am a little dismayed about certain aspects of Armorama.

Firstly, what is going on with the HF forum?
This used to be a wealth of information and help but it has now become stagnant. Without even having to quote the amount of postings these past few years, something isn't right.

I find it a real pity for those of us who don't model Armour, that we have no place left to post our figure or sculpting projects.

Secondly, the Benelux forum has also followed the same miserable decline over the years.

I understand completely that this is a user based site, but why not incorporate sections together as they used to be many years ago?

If a sub-site is dead asides from it's objective of reviews/news what is the point of it's existence?

Sorry for the rant, but the stats speak for themselves!!

Shay

Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2014 - 05:29 PM UTC
Shay, HF forum has been quiet for a long long time now. People who used to frequent there have either found new websites to post their work on or stopped posting at all. Being in HF staff, I can tell you it was very frustrating seeing all our ideas to spur interest in figures not getting any attention from membership. After Armorama reclaimed 1/35 scale figure content, the HF site went completely silent and most staffers left to join Armorama ranks. However, it is not just the HF that is suffering, but many other figure dedicated websites are getting pretty slow nowadays. The exception is planetFigure which is now the No1 site for figures.

Jim was asking for assistance with HF and if you have any ideas how to help with the figure content, you are most welcomed to join HF ranks and start the process.

Mario
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 05:24 PM UTC
Mario: Meaning no disrespect, but why does remain active? Do you mean that there have been no posts, at all or that there are very few posts? It sounds as though it no longer serves a purpose. Would the staff not move to other forums, if it was taken down? I'm just curious.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 06:14 PM UTC
Hi Shey,

Understand your frustration. I think if you look at the threads across the site you'll notice that whilst viewing numbers are up actual responses are much less frequent. I can understand why people have drifted to a figure only site if that's their main interest.

Al
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 1,656 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 07:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Shey,

Understand your frustration. I think if you look at the threads across the site you'll notice that whilst viewing numbers are up actual responses are much less frequent. I can understand why people have drifted to a figure only site if that's their main interest.

Al

I agree Alan. In the past on KMN, when I used to be moreactive, there seems to have been much more actual participation. I also haven't seen many of the people of bach then (ca. 2009-2012). As for myself, I've been somewhat inactive in the past 18 months due to real life but always checking in on my phone. Hopefully I'll be somewhat more active again now.

Maki, what is the plan fir HF? As it is a user driven site, would submitting a review be appreciated or a waste of time as the site isn't really active anymore? I happen to have a Union Cavalry set from Master Box I could write up a review for, as well as a 1/16 scale Alpine figure.

Cheers!
Stefan
 _GOTOTOP