_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
New Dio in Progress
Belgian
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 37 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 05:58 PM UTC
Hi,

I posted a few pics of my new dio. The figures and the "building" are old paint jobs. I didn't do a great job cleaning it up, I know…
The ground work and the little details are all recent. I know I still have to do some more things like weathering the flag and stuff. But I'd appreciate any comment.

I'm especially pleased of the flag. This was my first attempt. I looked all over the forums here at Armorama on how to do it. There were some great tips on different ways to go about it. And like I said, I still need to weather it, make it all dirty.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!!

(Pics are in my Gallery)
bison44
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 471 posts
Armorama: 275 posts
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2004 - 05:40 AM UTC
Hi Belgian: The groundwork looks good as does the Flag, street signs and the spare equipment. But I am sort of confused, is it a pile of captured german souveniers, or have they just overrun a german position? And is that a bren gun behind the sand bags? Did u use the old tamyia US gun and mortar crew for the figures? They aren't exactly A1 quality but you did a good job on them. I like the extra details you added, the ammo boxes etc in the enclosure, the only thing that looked a little funny was the sand bags, they looked a little stiff. Are they from a kit or are they handmade? Overall very nice job, a simple straightforward scene with that turned out very well.
Belgian
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 37 posts
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2004 - 06:58 AM UTC
Yep, the idea is that this German position was overrun. I understand that is not very clear just from looking at the dio - I guess that is a problem.
And yes, my historical (or weapon) accuracy is not correct. That is a Bren. I'm going to change that with a Browning M1919.
The figures are early Tamiya, so they're not very detailed. I've had them for a long time. I do like the action though. The barn and the sandbags are even older. That's the Italeri kit. That was also painted when I didn't take care of the flashing.

Thanks for the comments, this is the way I learn.
boosahmer
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 651 posts
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2004 - 07:34 AM UTC
Belgian,
I like the layout and the action suggested in the dio, but for a position that was overrun, it looks a bit too "clean"....maybe a bit of dirt, debris, or some evidence of a struggle would improve it a bit. Nice work nonetheless!!
 _GOTOTOP