_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
T90 1:35 Zvezda + Miniarm
Stefan94SRB
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 62 posts
Armorama: 62 posts
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2015 - 10:48 PM UTC
Hello everyone!

Well as the title says, here is a model of T90 with cast turret, for which i used an old Miniarm kit, and the details i found better on Zvezdas kit i replaced, like the IR Sensors and reflectors, toolboxes and machinegun accesories. The body of the tank is completely OB. This is my first time building Zvezdas T90 since it came out, and i must say that zvezda did do a great job on the details, but there are some so annoying things that prolong the building time, for example that some banal parts just cannot fit in the hole. Not big of a problem of course, but for every thing i need at least 5 minutes to fix, which in the end makes up for quite some time spent on stupid things. But, for the price, i am not complaining.

Now, since i love both weathering and modern tanks, i want to do this one kinda a what if. Namely i want to make it as its on some imaginary battlefield of Europe, where it was for say half a year and it is all dirty and muddy and oily and everything else what makes perfect ground for weathering. Other that this fact, i want it to be accurate.

Now, i had a tought that i wanted to share with you and hear your oppinion. We all saw photos from Syria, where every T72 after longer time on battlefield looses its side skirts, i have also seen a video with a tankman complaining that they fall of too easily. Obvious question is, would the same happen to T90? What i was researching, nothing has changed on side skirt mounts, which would make this very much possible or? Another thing i noticed while watching the pictures is, that additional side armor plates, 3 from each side, are attached separatly from the skirts, maaaybe making it possible for skirts to fall off, but armor plates to still be in place? I must say that would look like a great detail in scale! But i dont want to make unreasonable details on my models, so i am asking more expirienced people for an advice, so please, share your opinions!

Too much writing, here are some pictures.

Best regards!

Panajotovic Stefan
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 10:27 AM UTC
Hi Stefan;

Your kit looks like A Show Stopper, as for A Vehicle that has seen A lot of service that all depends on how far that you are willing too depict. Your Artistic license has No Limits, I would try and find A Subject and use it for reference and incorporate it into your subject. Bear in mind that the T-90 has seen only Limited Operational Use, as far as the Side Skirts are concerned they are easily Damaged as they are A Rubberized Fabric. Also the Fenders are also Prone too Damage Quickly as they are only Sheet Metal as are the Stowage and Fuel Panniers; Road Wheels are A Great way too depict A vehicle that has seen Hard Use.
Compile A List of Pictures that show A lot of Wear & Tear and take Notes.

GOOD LUCK; MIKE.
 _GOTOTOP