_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
KrAZ-255(B) - 1/25 by MiniManFactory
elmarriachi
Visit this Community
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
KitMaker: 813 posts
Armorama: 240 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 07:10 PM UTC
Hello,

it was a long time working on it, but finally I think it is done... a cover of plexiglas still missing, but the diorama and the truck itself seems to be finished.

KrAZ-255(B) - "in a poisoned land - Tschernobyl, after the nuclear catastrophe"

It is the KrAZ-255(B), a Russian heavy military truck which was used also in and around Tschernobyl after the nuclear catastrophe. This is the place my diorama is settled in. A truck bringing some pipes to the reactor or to any other place in this area shortly or some days later after the catastrophe.
The kit itself is a resin kit with photo etched parts in scale 1/25, produced by company MiniManFactory in Hungary. I have added several details, wires at the frame and axles, at the engiine, modified the plattform a little bit, added some further parts at the interior etc. The pipes on the plattform are resin parts as well which were normally used for playing with trains.... 1/22,5 scale from company Duha which I have shortened a little bit so that these will go on the plattform. Then I have painted them and weathered it.
The construction of the kit and the diorama you could see also here in the board or on my website with many many more pictures.

Here we go....

I hope that you like it! If you want to see more - thousands of pictures on my website http://www.world-in-scale.de/modelle/milit%C3%A4rfahrzeuge/1-25-kraz-255b-by-minimanfactory

Cheers
Michael
 _GOTOTOP