_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Ops Core Helmet&SF Q
Wakemeup
Visit this Community
Napoli, Italy
KitMaker: 880 posts
Armorama: 874 posts
Posted: Monday, January 12, 2015 - 01:12 PM UTC
Hi all,
do you know if on the market there's a 1/35 figure that can be ok to use the new live resin ops core/airframe helmets?
I know that these helmets are used by sf,we have sf on the market but I've some doubts about the timeframe...for example...can I use a live resin ops core fast helmet over an Evolution miniatures SF 2001-2003?!
I suppose that the Live resin soldier can't be used due to the IOTV that is not in use in SF,this soldier also depicts an US Army soldier and not an SF.

Side note:A Live resin ops core/airframe helmet and one of their soldier...can depict a gsg-9 operator?!They look similar to me...
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 665 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2015 - 11:42 AM UTC
Ciro, have a look at Airborne Miniatures (DEVGRU figures) perfect for your modern SF....
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 546 posts
Armorama: 541 posts
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2015 - 04:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Ciro, have a look at Airborne Miniatures (DEVGRU figures) perfect for your modern SF....

Except for use as SEALS: the figures have Ops-Core FAST, not Ops-Core Maritime helmets.

Nice figures though.
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 665 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2015 - 05:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi all,
do you know if on the market there's a 1/35 figure that can be ok to use the new live resin ops core/airframe helmets?
I know that these helmets are used by sf,we have sf on the market but I've some doubts about the timeframe...for example...can I use a live resin ops core fast helmet over an Evolution miniatures SF 2001-2003?!
I suppose that the Live resin soldier can't be used due to the IOTV that is not in use in SF,this soldier also depicts an US Army soldier and not an SF

Side note:A Live resin ops core/airframe helmet and one of their soldier...can depict a gsg-9 operator?!They look similar to me...

Ciro, 2001-2003 I would go for uncovered MICH helmets on your SF figures. Not to say there weren't pro tech half cut type helmets getting around at this time.

Have a look at ANT Miniatures GSG9 Operator figure and NATO in Miniatures PMC figures (dragging wounded team members kits....). Without getting too picky about load bearing vests/ plate carriers you could use them in a modern (at home) CT role with live resins ops core/ airframe helmets....!
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2015 - 07:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi all,
I suppose that the Live resin soldier can't be used due to the IOTV that is not in use in SF,this soldier also depicts an US Army soldier and not an SF

Ciro, 2001-2003 I would go for uncovered MICH helmets on your SF figures. Not to say there weren't pro tech half cut type helmets getting around at this time.

Have a look at ANT Miniatures GSG9 Operator figure and NATO in Miniatures PMC figures (dragging wounded team members kits....). Without getting too picky about load bearing vests/ plate carriers you could use them in a modern (at home) CT role with live resins ops core/ airframe helmets....!

Sound advice. In 2002 we had the uncovered MICH. Body armor was compliments of Big Army back then, but we modified what we could and sometimes just went with plate carriers. You could go with modified BDU or DCU uniforms. (Pockets on sleeves)
 _GOTOTOP