_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Vereist
panzerconor
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,271 posts
Armorama: 1,253 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 04:16 AM UTC
Thought I'd put up some in-progress shots of a chilly landser that's been kicking around the workbench since September. Figure is from Mantis, really great sculpting, but for some reason neither my superglye (Gorilla Glue) or my standard Testors cement worked. Ended up using a mix of both and holding the pieces together for a minute or so each. Aside from that, no complaints. Eventually he'll be an experiment in conveying temperature in dioramas/figures.

I've just now realized that he's wearing gloves, so that flesh color will have to go. This fella isn't on the top of my to-do list, so I've no idea when he'll get work again But hey! Thanks for looking.

-Conor
1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,727 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 02:13 PM UTC

Hi Conor,

nice start into that figure m8!!

What is happening to those jackets is a general fading of colours, bringing the 3 colors nearer to a common hue. The light fields grow darker through dirt and running colours, and the dark fields just fade away.

You have managed to convey this perfectly with the light green base colour and the brown patches, but the green fields are still a tad too "vivid". You could tone them down a little as well!

And give the breadbag a different colour!!

Just my 5c worth!

Cheers

Romain

Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 08:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Just my 5c worth!

Cheers

Romain

Just as textiles in any other army, the breadbag also came in various colors (not red, or yellow! ) and shades. But in this case I agree with you. It's too much the same as the Parka's basic color, and could be contrasting to appear as a separate item.
1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,727 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 03:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Just my 5c worth!

Cheers

Romain

Just as textiles in any other army, the breadbag also came in various colors (not red, or yellow! ) and shades. But in this case I agree with you. It's too much the same as the Parka's basic color, and could be contrasting to appear as a separate item.

Yup, that's exactly what I had in mind....a little more contrast!

_GOTOTOP