_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Dragon Figures Problem
Baconator
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 05:28 AM UTC
I got a set of Dragon figures, and when I went to put the weapons into the hands of the figures, I found that there were tiny rods in their hands where the handles for the weapons should go. I e-mailed Dragon customer support, and they told me they could not answer the problem and to ask here. Anyone got any ideas on how to get them out of the hands or get around this?
Neo
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 916 posts
Armorama: 758 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 05:49 AM UTC
Photo's worth a hundred bucks (inflation)...
DKdent
Visit this Community
Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
KitMaker: 182 posts
Armorama: 180 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 06:05 AM UTC
Hello,

I also would like to see a photo, but I think I understood what you meant.

Hollow hands are hard to mould. Even if it would work, some asymetric handgrips of weapons could not be inserted there. So manufacturers have two opinions:

- make "semi-closed" hands to allow the insertion of handgrips. This would lead to some unrealistic, LEGO-like hands.

- mould handgrips into the hands. This way you would have to cut the handgrips of the weapon and glue in them onto the moulded-in handgrips/on the hands.

So I assume that you have figures on which the handgrips are molded into the hands. The weapons have the handgrips of course, because you perhaps won`t use every weapon. So these can go into the spares unharmed and you have to cut the grips of the weapons you actually want to use.

Solution to your problem: cut the handgrips step-by-step to avoid fitting problems. Don`t cut too much, go slowly until you have the desired result, get some sanding paper and glue it into position.

If you are talking about other "rods", we will need some photos, I think...

Best Regards

Dennis
Baconator
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 08:09 AM UTC
No that's what I mean, but I feel like I'd ruin all the weapons trying to cut the handles in 2 different spots
Grauwolf
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,485 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 09:32 AM UTC
Which particular figure set are you referring to?

Cheers,
Joe
Baconator
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 04:51 PM UTC
Their 6th Army in Stalingrad set. I've been told it's an old set, as one of the newer sets I have did not have this problem.
DKdent
Visit this Community
Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
KitMaker: 182 posts
Armorama: 180 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 07:01 PM UTC
Hello,

@ chumbo: Like I said: cut the handle in the middle and sand the two parts down until it fits...This way you can control the fitting everytime. And for the cutting: with a razor-blade saw or a new, sharp cutter blade it should not be to hard to get a nice clean cut. And even in the worst case it should not be a problem to get a new MP-38 or MG34 frome someones spare box. People here a kind enough to help out if something went wrong. Sometimes you have to try out new stuff and as long as you don`t cut your fingers, nothing bad will happen...

Good Luck

Dennis
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 09:23 PM UTC
You could always cut the hands off and replace with more suitable hands from 'donor' figures (crappy figs that have no use, except for their hands).
 _GOTOTOP