_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
COVERUP-Stalingrad
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2004 - 09:58 PM UTC
G'day everyone, having just completed my second rmg dio (hooray! ) i have just decided to enlist in the coverup campaign, i have been thinking about enlisting for a while and now that i have finally planned out my dio (after reading alot of books, doing a fair bit of research and watching enemy at the gates about 5 times) ive decided to start, i am using the tamiya russian army infantry and dragons german 6th army staling grad, and also dragons german winter combat eastern front troops, but i was wondering if anyone could help me out, i would like to know if anyone makes dead russian and dead german figures, and also if anyone makes more russian and german figures that would be suitable to put in trenches, preferabbly some that would be shooting over the top, one last thing, would tamiya's german army assault infantry be suitable, or where the germans all in winter clothes by then? cheers, thanks in advance p.s. im not sure which part of stalingrad to have this dio in, i was thinking one of the many russian attacks to re take red square, but then i would need running russians? OH before i forget, i need at least 1 russian commisar, ok i will stop typing now before i fill a whole page, cya
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2004 - 10:15 PM UTC
Remember the final date for the campaign is 2004-02-01. thats a lot of figures in twenty something days plus a dio! Maybe it would be better to scale down a little bit now and the dio/vignette you build for the campaign could be included in a larger dio later!

The dio has to include a bunker/emplacement ... it doesnt mean the soldiers have to be in it! They could be on their way out or on their way back again! Unless you are going to have quite a large dio its not so easy to have both sides in the same dio... unless you have an ambush dio!

Just some thoughts ... if you are only starting now. maybe you might want to rethink your plans.
Verlinden have dead germans ... somebody else has a dio with three of them on display at the moment, for the campaign!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 01:17 PM UTC
hmmm, yeah second thoughts i might just take my time and make the most of this dio, that way i can have it the way i want and no need to rush cheers thanks for that
ambrose82
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 249 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 01:26 PM UTC
In answer to your original questions..

Dragon makes 3 sets of Russian troops
1. Scouts and Snipers
2. Tank Riders
3. Armored motor troops

As for shooting, only the snipers and motor troops have shooting figures. The motor troops one is hard to come by.

On the other hand, there are stacks upon stacks of germans in winter uniforms.

As for dead soldiers, I know Verlinden makes casualties, at least German ones. I don't know if they make Russian ones.

Try scratchbuilding casualties. It's not too ard and all you really need is some good AB putty and a few daily item type tools.
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 01:44 PM UTC
thanks mate, cheers
Monte
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 833 posts
Armorama: 601 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 04:51 PM UTC
Jaguar or Warriors makes a 2 piece set of Russians. Can't remember off hand. One dead and one in the process of being shot. Don't know if the kits are still available.

I'm currently using them for my Kursk dio.

Good luck.
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 799 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 07:02 PM UTC
Tamiya has a set of ( i think 10-12) figs of russian WWII soldiers and it has several "shooting" figs and various weapons/acessories inside.
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 12:41 PM UTC
Yeah i have been referred to the russian army assault infantry set so many times now i think i might buy 2, lol, oh and plastic battle and anyone else who was wondering, i decided not to drop out, february is still a while off and having finished most of the figs for this dio i think i will manage, im on holidays now anyway so i will be wroking my butt off on dios, cheers
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 12:53 PM UTC
Hey forget to say what the dio is gonna look like as i have finally laid out the plans for good etc... Ok this is how the dio is gonna look, itll be roughly 29 x 46 cm, maybe less as i am rapidly running out of room in my room for dios and models, recently had to sacrifice one (it was broken anyway from my cousin falling on it) anyway up one end it is gonna have ruined buildings, windows in them etc. and down the toher end it is going to have a trench, of course there will be things in between, maybe barbed wire etc.. but i need some help with deciding something, i cant decide who should be occupying which end, the russians in the buidlings, or the krauts in the buildings, the russians in the trenchs or the germans in the trenchs, i dont think it will really matter in the end, but i would still like opinions.
Also with the buildings, in stalin grad, would there have been buildings made out of just reinforced concrete (concrete with wire in it) or wouldve they most likely have been brick? the reason i am asking is that concrete buildings are easier to make, but i would like to do birck as i have never done a brick building before, and if i do brick, should i have wall paper or plaster over the top of the bricks, i saw someone with this done for their stalingrad vigenette recently, it was in dioramas, i rmemeber i commented on his post im sorry i dont remember your name but whoever you are if you could pm me maybe we could share some info and give each other a hand, well anyway if you fellas could help me out with these Q's then itd make it alot easier for me, cheers
 _GOTOTOP