_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Gaz truck question.
noname
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 121 posts
Armorama: 121 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 06:14 PM UTC
I have the Mini Art Gaz AAA Mod.1943. I'm not sure when in 1943 they started to use this modification. I wanted to use this truck in Stalingrad dio. The Battle of Stalingrad seems to have ended in Feb. 1943. I was wondering if this Gaz Mod. 1943 would be too late to use in this scenario?

If so, what would I need to do to make this a pre 1943 Gaz AAA? From what I can see the only noticeable difference is the use of a full wooden door in the 1943 modification as compared to the half door prior to 43. Is it possible someone may have put a metal door on one of these Gaz trucks from say another wrecked truck?

Looking for options. Thanks in advance for any help guys.
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 09:24 PM UTC
Here you can find some drawings for the different versions of the GAZ-AAA.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/rkkaww2/galleries/trucks/GAZ_AAA.htm

Maybe you could scratchbuilt the "half-door" (I guess it's not a door at all - just a metal plate - but I don't know the correct designation ) of the 1941 model to convert your 1943 model ?

H.P.
noname
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 10:07 PM UTC
Thanks Frenchy. That is what I was thinking. Just build a half door. That is all I can see for a difference anyway. At least to my untrained eye.
EdCraft
Visit this Community
Sverdlovsk, Russia
KitMaker: 187 posts
Armorama: 186 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 10:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I have the Mini Art Gaz AAA Mod.1943. I'm not sure when in 1943 they started to use this modification. I wanted to use this truck in Stalingrad dio. The Battle of Stalingrad seems to have ended in Feb. 1943. I was wondering if this Gaz Mod. 1943 would be too late to use in this scenario?

If so, what would I need to do to make this a pre 1943 Gaz AAA? From what I can see the only noticeable difference is the use of a full wooden door in the 1943 modification as compared to the half door prior to 43. Is it possible someone may have put a metal door on one of these Gaz trucks from say another wrecked truck?

Yes, You are right. For pre-1943 version You need only to replace wooden doors by metal sheets. Those sheets were flat, and they were fixed - like same sheets on U.S. GMC CCKW 353 trucks with open cabs.
noname
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 02:54 AM UTC
Okay, thanks a lot for that. So they were fixed and you just crawled over it then? I've found a lot of sites with the Gaz trucks but they are all in Russian. Unfortunately I do not speak Russian.
 _GOTOTOP