_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Trumpeter's US Medics
white4doc
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,086 posts
Armorama: 964 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 08:57 PM UTC
FedEx just dropped this set off from Squadron, and I admit my curiosity got the better of me. Got to say that they have gotten better with their figures. Several things jump out at me just looking at them in the package - they're wearing the Interceptor vests, but somebody went overboard with the MOLLE loops on them; no biggie, they're easy enough to hide with pouches (although you'll be supplying them yourself, none included. There is something off with the size/shape of the groin protector, again not a biggie a little cosmetic surgery and it will be fine. The last thing is the litter, which they did a pretty decent job on, the only thing missing is the spreader bars between the feet. I'll put up some pics later this afternoon when I have some down time to take a few.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 09:22 PM UTC
They sound pretty nice. I didn't know these had actually hit the market. Good to know. On the groin protector, it was rarely worn, so you could leave it off and be fine. Can't wait to see the pics.
white4doc
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 12:22 AM UTC
As near as I can tell they've only been out a few weeks. They hit eBay not long after the first of the year and Squadron got them in stock early last week. Well, as promised, here are the pics. You get just the one sprue and a sheet of the ACU camouflage pattern decal in the box. MOLLE pouches and weapons will have to be added from your stocks.

HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 12:47 AM UTC
Looking good. This was the proposed test shot poses. How do they compare?

Also, can you show the box top image and the kit #? I can't seem to find them anywhere.
white4doc
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 01:27 AM UTC
The figures they showed as the WIP are what showed up in the box, right down to the poses, the eyepro, the beanie, and what I seem to recall the gunners call the duck sleeve upper arm protection. So far the only place I can find here stateside that has them in stock is Squadron, they have it on the second page of new arrivals and they still are listing it as in stock. It's kit 00430.

This is the boxart:

HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 02:57 AM UTC
Thanks.
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 03:56 AM UTC
Some pics at Hobby Search

Hisham
Phael_minis
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 208 posts
Armorama: 208 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 11:32 AM UTC
I'm wondering about the decals quality...
white4doc
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 07:06 PM UTC
Judging by the problems I had the last time I tried to use them I'm not even going to attempt it. I threw together the casualty last night, there are pretty significant mold seams on all the figures so they require a bit more clean up than I hoped. The litter bed it actually pretty decent, they made a good attempt to recreate the very obvious seams at the head and foot; there's also a very subtle texture on the surface of the litter which I'm going to call an attempt to depict the polypro mesh the litters are made with now. The painting calls for the battle dressing to be white, the tails on the individual dressings are green; the larger battle dressings of the older style are a shade of tan.
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2015 - 08:37 AM UTC
I picked up this set today from my LHS and noticed that the helmet is missing for the only one wearing a helmet.
 _GOTOTOP