_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Battle of Berlin-Last defense
167infantry
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2015 - 05:16 AM UTC
Hey guys, tyler here with my first dio for you guys, and it is going to be massive. The idea is Berlin-1945, Germans are putting up last ditch defenses. One of their "strongholds" is a factory used to create their weapons of war, holding what they hope is their survival: a konigstiger. The factory is going to be assaulted on all sides, Russian soldiers pouring in from the alleys and streets, without clearing some of the buildings. A few german soldiers will be hiding in the buildings, waiting for the soviet armor to get close before the attack. Another building is going to contain Germans surrendering. It's a big project so it's going to take a while. Right now I only got Tamiya's JSU-152 and Russian Assault infantry this evening so I've been building the figures, pictures will come once I paint them. Feel free to give advice/suggestions/questions and follow along!
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2015 - 06:05 AM UTC
Bring it on bubba! I have my popcorn ready to watch the show with.
J
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2015 - 08:41 PM UTC
Tiger tanks were built in the Henschel factory in Kassel - not near Berlin at all. Some useful plans of Henschel factory, and tank construction here: http://www.alanhamby.com/factory1.shtml
167infantry
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2015 - 09:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Tiger tanks were built in the Henschel factory in Kassel - not near Berlin at all. Some useful plans of Henschel factory, and tank construction here: http://www.alanhamby.com/factory1.shtml

Well then, thanks for that newly discovered information haha, guess I need to change the center building from a factory to something else, but what you mentioned could be a different project in the near future. The main idea is going to remain though, as Germans held up in some building, and I started painting the 14 figures (12 soviet guards and 2 tankers) today, only doing the main uniforms and none of the detail or other equipment, pics will come when they're done!
167infantry
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2015 - 12:27 AM UTC
Hey guys sorry for not posting last week, had a Calculus and Physics test this week so that took up my time. finished building, painted, and weathered the JSU-152, and ordered two figure sets and a building base to show the intense and desperate street fighting. This is my first time truly weathering so its not that great, any tips on that would be greatly appreciated, enjoy!
[/img]https://gallery.kitmaker.net/showphoto.php/photo/425426/ppuser/70070[/img]
 _GOTOTOP