_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: R/C Armor
Discuss all Remote Control Armor related topics here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
info / help T29E3 ......rc scratch build
mcevoyi
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 198 posts
Armorama: 180 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 08:56 PM UTC
Hi all

I been looking for a while for a new project...as i seem to have lost my mojo ....and i have lost interest in german paper panzers ,,there too many being built by fellow modelers ,,and i feel its about time some one took on a lot of the allied paper tanks !

So first off is the T29E3 ....i have Bradford's drawings and there good ..and i have also seen and faved the walk a round's ..but has any one any idea if there any books about that time frame of prototype tank develoment .,in the usa ....yes i know about mr hunniutts books .,,but don't fancy saleing the house to buy one

So can any one help ?
ninjrk
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
Armorama: 1,347 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 11:47 PM UTC
I hate to say it but the Bradford drawings are fairly inaccurate in many of the shapes and details. The Hunnicut drawings have simplified details but the shapes are correct. As far as information the "Firepower" book is the one stop shop. I used interlibrary loan to get access to a copy. Commanders Models has a resin T-29 kit and I think an E3 is down the line if you can wait or convert the existing kit.
ceerosvk
Visit this Community
Slovakia
KitMaker: 171 posts
Armorama: 170 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 03:17 AM UTC
Just an idea... Download the World Of Tanks game (it's free) and get 'WOT Tank viewer' application for it. The game includes a pretty good 3d model of the tank (along as with other US proposed heavies - T30,T34.....) and the application let's you to explore tank models, spin them, turn them, look at them from any angle.
I don't really scratchbuild models but i use that program quite often while building classic models.
Removed by original poster on 10/11/17 - 17:17:37 (GMT).
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 07:50 AM UTC
Tommy: your post here indicates to me that you are providing a link to download a companies property that would other wise need to be purchased. This is not an action supported by The KitMaker Network and so the link has been removed. Please do not post further links of this nature.
Thank you
jmsbd07
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 96 posts
Armorama: 94 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 09:24 PM UTC
sorry, I was just attempting to be helpful.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 09:54 PM UTC
Tommy I understood that, which is why the matter is closed as fair as I am concerned.
jk_conix
Visit this Community
Hordaland, Norway
KitMaker: 197 posts
Armorama: 194 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 08:16 PM UTC
Hi. I would get a pershing tank. And base the tank from that. I have been thinking about that myself. Maybe shape the turret out of wood. Make a cast from the wood piece. And cast the turret. And gun breach. Out of fibreglass or something similar. All other details like hatches etc is same as other tanks from the us. And allso you would have to get 4 more wheels as the t29 has 8 per side and the pershing has 6. The pershing is the closest i can se when it comes to looks.
matlev
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 53 posts
Armorama: 53 posts
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 - 03:02 PM UTC
Unless scratchbuilding is the main focus Takom has released a beautiful and easy built T29E3
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 - 04:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Unless scratchbuilding is the main focus Takom has released a beautiful and easy built T29E3

I guess scratchbuilding was the only way to go... in 2015

H.P.
matlev
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 53 posts
Armorama: 53 posts
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 - 05:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

H.P.

Absolutely but someone replied today suggesting that he could base the scratchbuild on a Pershing...
jk_conix
Visit this Community
Hordaland, Norway
Posted: Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 07:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

H.P.

Absolutely but someone replied today suggesting that he could base the scratchbuild on a Pershing...

And that is a bad thing?
Invincible
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 148 posts
Armorama: 122 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 09:07 PM UTC
Yes... Apart from road wheels, idlers and tools they have almost nothing in common.
jk_conix
Visit this Community
Hordaland, Norway
Posted: Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 10:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yes... Apart from road wheels, idlers and tools they have almost nothing in common.

For a scratch build. it would be the closest thing. Would take some work. But not impossible. But if you dont se the potential. You dont.
 _GOTOTOP