_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Trumpeter: MBT, IFV, & AA Gun
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 07:10 AM UTC

An update on the Trumpeter website has three new models coming our way covering three different countries.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 08:44 AM UTC
Hi;

Yes Another T-72 Version Now All I Need Is The Degman, E-300, BMOT, and the ARV based on the T-72.

CHEERS; MIKE.
hanb7323
Visit this Community
Daejeon, Korea / 대한민국
KitMaker: 408 posts
Armorama: 407 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 09:00 AM UTC
Waiting for the soviet 37mm AA gun.
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,402 posts
Armorama: 2,377 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 04:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

An update on the Trumpeter website has three new models coming our way covering three different countries.

An announcement of new releases? What an excellent and appropriate opportunity to post that I want something altogether different!

KL
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 07:14 PM UTC
Type 86B IFV is different from a BMP-1 how?? A quick googling says it is a copy of the BMP1 via Egypt with several small local modifications for local production. But none of the links in the first three pages (in English) tell WHAT modification.
pgb3476
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 977 posts
Armorama: 976 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 08:57 PM UTC
I want the 37mm AA gun too...and a 25MM too?
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 10:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Type 86B IFV is different from a BMP-1 how?? A quick googling says it is a copy of the BMP1 via Egypt with several small local modifications for local production. But none of the links in the first three pages (in English) tell WHAT modification.

It is a copy in that it looks the same and is based on the BMP-1 but there are differences that wouldn't be visible- engine, armament, electrics, comms equipment etc- basically the Chinese would have used as many locally built components as possible due to the nature of their military purchasing requirements.

But, like you pointed out, aesthetically speaking they are pretty much identical although the PLA have mounted several of their own turrets on it- but like the basic Infantry version they were not used by the PLA in large numbers- it was aimed more at the export market.
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2015 - 06:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

It is a copy in that it looks the same and is based on the BMP-1 but there are differences that wouldn't be visible- engine, armament, electrics, comms equipment etc- basically the Chinese would have used as many locally built components as possible due to the nature of their military purchasing requirements.

But, like you pointed out, aesthetically speaking they are pretty much identical although the PLA have mounted several of their own turrets on it- but like the basic Infantry version they were not used by the PLA in large numbers- it was aimed more at the export market.

Yeah, after thinking on the wording of some of the articles, that's what I settled on. Chinese Transmission, engine and ammo.

But from an exterior point of view, it's a BMP 1..
I might be interested in some of the variant turret versions, but a vanilla BMP-1 w a Chinese engine and a local copy of the Sagger doesn't do much for me.
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2015 - 04:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Yeah, after thinking on the wording of some of the articles, that's what I settled on. Chinese Transmission, engine and ammo.

But from an exterior point of view, it's a BMP 1..
I might be interested in some of the variant turret versions, but a vanilla BMP-1 w a Chinese engine and a local copy of the Sagger doesn't do much for me.

Nope, doesn't do much for me either and I usually like any new PLA kit.
I'm currently building the regular Trumpeter BMP-1 and there are some
mistakes in it which would put me off building another one unless I was sure one of the aftermarket etch sets available sorted out the mistakes.
 _GOTOTOP