_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
Hobby Fan: IDF Tank Commander & Female Soldier
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2015 - 01:01 PM UTC

Hobby Fan announced new figure set in 1/35 scale... a very interesting subject which should make a lot of modelers happy.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2015 - 02:00 PM UTC
Nice looking pair of figures... which time frame do they fit into?

Hisham
armouredcharmer
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 670 posts
Armorama: 410 posts
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2015 - 03:05 PM UTC
Nice looking set,i can never get enough female figure sets - especially IDF.The only problem I can see is that being from Hobby Fan they will be both hard to get hold of and be damned expensive to buy and get hold of in the UK.
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,933 posts
Armorama: 985 posts
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2015 - 04:18 PM UTC
Hi Danny, Inside the Armour stock Hobby fan their a U.K. based company must agree about the price though. Check out Fields of Glory they do a good range of figures Ive seen female IDF on there there only one mind but I think Black dog do a generic female figure Tshirt trousers and boots that could be useful. hope this helps
Stefan1580
Visit this Community
Berlin, Germany
KitMaker: 360 posts
Armorama: 354 posts
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2015 - 09:27 PM UTC
Very nice pair of Figures. Female IDF Figures are rarely seen.These are nice done and very usefull.I dontīt know really the time frame because i am not an expert for IDF Military. What i can see is that the femal soldier is holding an Galil rifle with folding stock which is also used until today. The Galil was mostly used by mechanized and armored units, where its folding stock made it easier to store in vehicles. So this would fit for this release. In 2001 also the Tavor bullpup assault rifle was in Service. I would 100% say it is not for the six-day war because of the Uniforms, tank helmet and Galil. Perhaps they would work for the the 80īs until 90īs.

Please more Info from Hobby Fan or any IDF expert here.

PS: This Figure is also new and an nice addition:

HF728 M60A1 Tank Commander (1 figure)
Blespooky
Visit this Community
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
KitMaker: 277 posts
Armorama: 66 posts
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2015 - 11:01 PM UTC
There are some issues:

If he were a modern tank commander he would be wearing a one piece uniform like a flight suit. He looks more like an infantry soldier who is riding in an armored vehicle.

The female character is missing a chest pocket and you would be hard pressed to find a female soldier with a Galil ever. Maybe a tank instructor up to the late 1990s. I question their decision not to give her a M-16. The last inaccuracy is the fact that she has a magazine in the rifle. The IDF has weird rules about that but I have a hard time imagining where she could possibly be with the weapon in that situation but her being so nonchalant.

Bryan
 _GOTOTOP