_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Lifecolor paint for T-90
andiSmart
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2015 - 04:58 PM UTC
I know from google that the topic of what paint is 'right' for modern Russian armour is a fraught one...

I'm building the Zvedza T-90 at the moment and want to opt for the all green finish. My preferred paint is Lifecolor; it's what I'm used to. Does anybody have an opinion of what paint from their range would be the best for my model?

I've thought about using the Russian Green from the xtracrylic range, but some people seem to be saying online that they find it hard to clean the airbrush afterwards. For me the lifecolor paints clean out really well so I'm not convinced about switching

TIA
andy
sauceman
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,672 posts
Armorama: 2,475 posts
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2015 - 07:05 PM UTC
I would carry on using what you like and are used to. If you find Russian Green to be a close match then go for it. After weathering, washes, filters etc. are applied the colours are usually changed quite dramaticaly anyways.

cheers
andiSmart
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2015 - 08:33 PM UTC
Thanks Richard - the only 'Russian Green' lifecolor list is from their WW2 listing and it looked very 'yellow' compared to the colours you see in photos of T-90s - but you reckon that once there's some weathering it's going to be fine?

https://airbrushes.com/product_info.php?products_id=21010

(The WW1 stuff I do is so much easier..nobody really knows what the hell colour any of them were!)

MassimoTessitori
Visit this Community
Italy
KitMaker: 278 posts
Armorama: 278 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 12:18 AM UTC
Hi,
here are many photos of modern Russian tanks.
http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234958911-russian-modern-armour-images/

As you see, the latest color for uniformly painted vehicles look very dark and greyish, not yellowish as the old 4BO.
For what I think to see on photos, there are at least three shades of green on Russian/Soviet tanks, but the most recent tanks seem all of the darkest one.
Regards
Massimo
GentlemanAntiquarian
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 12:19 AM UTC
More complications.....
 _GOTOTOP