_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
Loyd Carrier No.2 Mk.II,
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 09:51 PM UTC
Very misleading box cover for the Lloyd's carrier - gives you the impression the 6lb'er is included. I guess something got lost in the translation!
This post was removed.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 12:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

P.S. Don't use the german colloquial expression, used during WWII, for some types of the german manned torpedoes since that word could be considered offensive

Can't mention Arnold ("I'll be back") S. either - double whammy!!
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 04:45 AM UTC
I do not for one minute believe that Mike used the term he did, with the intention of insulting or causing offence to anyone; however as it has caused offence I have removed the term and the replies related to it for the sake of peace.
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 04:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I do not for one minute believe that Mike used the term he did, with the intention of insulting or causing offence to anyone; however as it has caused offence I have removed the term and the replies related to it for the sake of peace.

This does nothing but sweep the issue under the rug, the main issue is no one is willing to admit or take responsibility that a something said may be racial offense against someone, even if it was not known at first. It was brought to light, and it just seems everyone want it to go away and ignore it.

MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,210 posts
Armorama: 1,712 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 05:06 AM UTC
Nice looking kit. Might be interested in getting it... One day.

And my .002¢: if we do not intend to make an offensive comment and do not realize we are, how can we know that we are? Knowing that a comment is offensive is one thing, but not realizing it is different. And some people react to circumstances differently than others. Some act by blowing it off while others act by laughing it off and/or reacting sarcastically.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 10:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

This does nothing but sweep the issue under the rug, the main issue is no one is willing to admit or take responsibility that a something said may be racial offense against someone, even if it was not known at first. It was brought to light, and it just seems everyone want it to go away and ignore it.

I read the original post and the aftermath. As no offence was intended I didn't see anything racist nor offensive about it other than part of a sentence being taken out of context. The context and meaning in this case were clear and as such should have offended no one. You can take part of any sentence and turn it into something else if you have a mind to, in-fact it happens all the time.

The English language is a wonderful language but I find the PC brigade all a bit OTT as they have taken much of the fun out of life, not to mention trying to ban Christmas and other characters and true themes in life. I find it quite offensive that anyone should tell me what to say or how to think, too much like George Orwell's 1984 and the Thought Police.

Whilst many peoples speak English their use and meaning of the words is often much different, and this can be seen across all English speaking people, so I'm probably on a beaten docket here, but it's for that reason I won't tell the joke about the Irishman who asked the Doctor how he could tell if his wife to be was a virgin or not, as it might offend Doctors, wives, virgins or non virgins or perhaps Chinese speaking people and even some Irishmen or Irish Women. (One can never tell, and as that possibility exists it would be something akin to flogging a dead horse).

Disclaimer:
"It should be noted that no dead horses were flogged, nor dockets beaten, nor were any Doctors, Wives or non wives, virgins or non virgins or other nationalities or peoples or animals, insects, birds nor fish harmed in the making of this post nor was any offence implied or intended to any living or deceased creature no matter how small or of what persuasion, colour, size or shape and that all words were taken from the English Dictionary which does not imply that there are not other words from other languages that would equally well express the thoughts portrayed here, nor that the use of the said language in anyway suggests that it is or greater or lesser importance than any other known or unknown language. Whilst preference was expressed as to the impact of the PC Brigade on normal life this in no way implies that they do not have the right to express such opinions nor that those opinions are not of equal value."

Now back to the topic, an excellent release that I've been much looking forward to and the first of several versions I hope.

Thank you for your punishment Sir.

Al

_GOTOTOP