_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Swedish soldiers
Becky
Visit this Community
Skċne, Sweden
KitMaker: 70 posts
Armorama: 34 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 07:09 AM UTC
Sorry for the lousy title, but couldn't come up with a better. But here comes my question. Would it be possible to build a figure of a Swedish SOG operator as in the attached picture. Don't need to be in the same poses. I'm thinking more about equipment, uniforms and weapons.
So, any and all input on this, I'm truly greatful for!

ReconTL3-1
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 726 posts
Armorama: 687 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 10:25 AM UTC
I think it would be very possible to create some Swedish SOG Operators by converting some of the current offerings of US Soldiers and perhaps some of the other nations involved in OIF/OEF. The equipment in the photo you posted looks more US. Trumpeter may offer the weapons they are carrying. Live Resin has alot of highly detailed equipment.
Depending on what you want the figures to be doing would determine which kits would serve you best.
Also, a little bit of putty to create unique details goes a long way.
Cheers,
James
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 12:06 PM UTC
One "seriuos" problem would be the Swedish uniform and gear. The operators use the standard Swedish desert uniform. One possible starting point are is the Swedish soldiers set from Djiti`s Production
http://djiti.production.free.fr/35052.htm
You can add some HK G36 K rifles from Trumpeter and Opscore helmets from Live Resin.
HTH
Hans-Hermann
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 12:11 PM UTC
Trumpeter item 00516 G36 KV is a start point for the weapon. But you might do some in-depth research about the Swedish SF first.
 _GOTOTOP