_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
Airbrush pulsating
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,210 posts
Armorama: 1,712 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 11:12 AM UTC
I saw trying to with with my airbrush today and for some reason the spray started pulsating and wouldn't stop. I was using unthinned Pollyscale OD. Unthinned as it is already very thin on its own. After the Pollyscale I went with slightly thinned Tamiya OD, then thinned even more... And then too thin Tamiya OD. I haven't had a problem with it before, at least not as bad. My brush would pulsate slightly occasionally but it was bad this time. It also woukdnt spray paint when the trigger was in certain spots often. I have a Badger Crescendo 175. It has been acting up the past few times I've been using it. Any advice or help?

Now I have to find new pots of Tamiya OD and Pollyscale OD paints...
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 11:48 AM UTC
How often do you clean it? It sounds as though you have a clog.
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,210 posts
Armorama: 1,712 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 12:19 PM UTC
I've cleaned it after every use. How well I clean it I'm not sure. But I did get globs of paint out today. So that may be the problem and hopefully now the solution.
doppelganger
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 557 posts
Armorama: 217 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 12:48 PM UTC
Try spraying some water through the airbrush. The logic is water is as thin as can be, if it pulsates you certainly do have problems that can not be blamed on thick paint. Try soaking the nozzle in lacquer thinner and cleaning the inside with a small brush. you want the inside of the nozzle to be free of all dried paint
 _GOTOTOP