Hosted by Darren Baker
CVRT Scorpion Query ...
pbennett
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 464 posts
Armorama: 412 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 08, 2015 - 03:42 AM UTC
I have always thought that the CVRT Scorpion in British service carried three smoke dischargers on each side of the turret, as opposed to the four on the Scimitar. However, I have seen various images showing the Scorpion with four dischargers per side. Does this relate to the period of specific production models, or to do with users of the vehicle (Army, RAF Regt, etc)?

rockmart
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 127 posts
Armorama: 71 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 08, 2015 - 10:32 AM UTC
I am no expert, but here is a link to a review that talks about the dischargers. http://www.missing-lynx.com/reviews/modern/afvscorp.htm
barny
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 273 posts
Armorama: 272 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 08, 2015 - 12:18 PM UTC
Morning .as Pete has pointed out in the review its a date thing with the vehicles and not unit specific..we had vehicles that had both fitted at one stage.
Terry
Keef1648
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,240 posts
Armorama: 1,192 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 08, 2015 - 06:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I have always thought that the CVRT Scorpion in British service carried three smoke dischargers on each side of the turret, as opposed to the four on the Scimitar. However, I have seen various images showing the Scorpion with four dischargers per side. Does this relate to the period of specific production models, or to do with users of the vehicle (Army, RAF Regt, etc)?

Some (later) were changed during base overhauls and also fitted to overseas sales vehicles. the RAF regiment had a combination of both.

It would be up to yourself and when and where your model represents

Certainly the Life Guards and Blues and Royals Scorpions were 3 barreled only, right up to the point of handing them in.

Keith.
Kallisti
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 111 posts
Armorama: 107 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 12:12 AM UTC
Also I believe the export versions, eg Belgium were also 4 barrelled
 _GOTOTOP