_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Info on : 1/35 PLA figures..
19sam68
Visit this Community
Utrecht, Netherlands
KitMaker: 124 posts
Armorama: 124 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 01:46 PM UTC
I've found two figure sets of PLA infantry (marked for the Chinese vietnamese war) could any of the (far) better informed fellow modellers tell me the brand and where to buy these?

I've only found info on a chinese (i think it's chinese) wholesale site.
(Also this is where I've got the images : www.ydstore.com )

Grz,

Sam
jfeenstra
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 342 posts
Armorama: 342 posts
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2015 - 10:22 AM UTC
These figures are being sold on Ebay by what is most likely the producer/manufacturer (Xing Hobby). I've bought both sets, and also have the 2 latest sets on the way as well (another set of Sino-Vietnamese soldiers and modern PLA tankers). The manufacturer's name on the box is "And The Sails Plaything" - obviously a translation of Chinese. The Ebay listings have many pictures of each set.

The figures are very well done and I feel superb value for the money being charged. The 9 figure set of tank riders is usually on auction - I got my set for $63! The other set is usually a Buy It Now for $18 or so.

The sculpting could be a bit sharper and the figures seem a bit tall for Chinese (although none are over 6'). The sets are professionally packaged and the weapons taped to card. The tank riders set includes a very thin cast resin flag, as well as decals for the flag markings and the medic's pack.

Overall they are great figures IMHO, and fill a void in the figure market.
19sam68
Visit this Community
Utrecht, Netherlands
KitMaker: 124 posts
Armorama: 124 posts
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2015 - 03:12 PM UTC
Jon,

Thank you lindly for this information.

I've tracked down the seller on ebay, trying to decide which set I'll buy first

Grz,

Sam.
mariointer
Visit this Community
Italy
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 57 posts
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2015 - 09:11 PM UTC
Hi men, really interesting subject...but where i could see and buy the tank riders Group??

Thanks a lot.

Mario from Italy.
jfeenstra
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 342 posts
Armorama: 342 posts
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2015 - 09:41 PM UTC
The Ebay seller (xing hobby) is probably simply out of stock right now. Trying contacting them thru Ebay, or keep watching the seller and see if he puts another set up for sale/auction.
 _GOTOTOP