_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
MENG Pick Up: SOF
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 03:38 AM UTC
Here is a just completed commission based on the 1/35 Meng SOF pick up posed with the Masterbox “Somewhere in the Middle East” figures. The dog comes from a Tamiya DAK set of a few years ago and he was drafted to account for the guy in the middle crouching. The figure with the Barretts has the legs and hat from the Meng kit’s figure, the torso and arms from spare part and the head from an Academy M1114 figure. The weapons are a combination of weapons from the Masterbox set and Live Resin. I printed the flag and applied thinned white glue (aka Elmer’s School Glue) to the insides before folding it over. The moistened paper is easy to pose with folds and creases. The gear in the back comes from a variety of sources. The truck and tires were dusted with AK interactive pigment.
I know the flag should not be posed that way, nut my customer wanted the truck to resemble this:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/ajlafleche/MENG%20Pickup/IMG_3501.jpg" BORDER="0">

white4doc
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,086 posts
Armorama: 964 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 05:04 AM UTC
Came out looking good, nice work as always.
Disith
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 62 posts
Armorama: 47 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 05:29 AM UTC
looks great, I really love what you did with the figures the only negative I have is that in your photos it looks like the front left and rear right tires aren't touching the ground on the base. even so great job
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 06:51 AM UTC
I certainly like it. Especially since the figures are based on some guys I used to run with. One small critique - at the time these represent there were pretty much no cell phones in use. What cell towers that had been built (along with a lot of infrastructure) was dismanteld by the Taliban. However, if you made it bigger with an antenna about the size of a cigar tube, it would nicley represent a SatPhone, which we used quite often. I've wanted to review these but haven't had the time.

AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 08:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I certainly like it. Especially since the figures are based on some guys I used to run with. One small critique - at the time these represent there were pretty much no cell phones in use. What cell towers that had been built (along with a lot of infrastructure) was dismanteld by the Taliban. However, if you made it bigger with an antenna about the size of a cigar tube, it would nicley represent a SatPhone, which we used quite often. I've wanted to review these but haven't had the time.

That's pretty cool. The figures are quite good for plastic, much better than the one from the truck kit. There's a resin figure based on the same person from Black Dog, IIRC. Funny thing about the phone...I twice added the antenna you suggested and both times knocked it off! I may add another now that the figure is secure and before delivery Monday.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 08:10 AM UTC
Al,
That would prety much make it perfect. For things like that antenna that don't want to stay on, I usually pin them together with a bit of piano wire.
By the way, that says FDNY on my cap.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 09:04 AM UTC
Thanks, Robert. I just added another antenna. Since this eon't be hsndled any more, it should be secure.
rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 950 posts
Armorama: 905 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 06:43 PM UTC
Very nice diorama
spartan01
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 314 posts
Armorama: 244 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 11:05 PM UTC
the only thing I would say is the guy with the barret .50 NEEDS TO GO or get a new head
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 12:04 AM UTC
Nice built and nice scene. Congrats Al. I did the same vehicle and so good to see it in a different composition. My scene had a missing part- Rob.
best regards
Engin
 _GOTOTOP