_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
Tamiya JagdpanzerIV L/70 LANG
buckster
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 56 posts
Armorama: 47 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 04:11 AM UTC
Just lifted the lid on a Tamiya kit dated 1975. That box has waited an awful long time to see the light of day . Big dated on detail but the plastic is what we all expect from Tamiya .Good solid plastic and etc we details than I'd have thought for its age. I have no clue about accuracy and don't really care coz it cost a Waterloo blue and my return on that ix gonna be many evenings of fun and about 20 x that in Dark Rum. Anybody out there done it already I'd love to hear from you. .Very happy boy tonight.
Regards Ian
griffontech
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 237 posts
Armorama: 231 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 04:24 AM UTC
I barely started that kit in about 1982. It is still in it's original box, at the bottom a larger moving box in my crawl space. I remember that it seemed great...when I was 10 years old. I now have to go into the crawl space to dig it out to fondle it again. Damn you!
If you are not a rivet counter, just build it for fun.
I have never built a model for a competition or display outside my home in over 30 years. When my wife, brother, or friend see a new built model in my display case they just ask "What is it?" or comment "Neat camo and mud!". Then when I point out the same vehicle or plane in a book or movie, they think mine looks exactly like it. They are not worried that the two front roadwheels have a rubber rim on them instead of being steel, or that the barrel is 3mm too short. Who cares!
Enjoy and post some pics while I go home from work and try and find that moving box...
andyman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 142 posts
Armorama: 134 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 05:34 AM UTC
Ian, i built that kit about two years ago. It was a clean and easy build and I found it to be quite fun. I think tamyia has come out with a updated kit of the same. Hope you have as much fun as I had building it.
Me109G
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 170 posts
Armorama: 138 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 06:43 AM UTC
Good, clean build. I remember building one with my dad when I was younger. It was one of the more rare Tamiya kits, at least in Northeast Ohio back in the day, it was exciting to find it on the shelf of the local hobby shop!! Tamiya's new tool Lang will be light years better, but the original will hold a found spot in my heart! Build it and enjoy!!
AFVFan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,980 posts
Armorama: 1,571 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 06:51 AM UTC
Ian, first, get a mod to move this to the AFV forum. You should get more responses there.

That said, as others have pointed out, this is a great little kit. It builds up pretty nice out of the box, and with a little extra effort can be made up to rival the newer releases.
buckster
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 12:20 AM UTC
Thanks for taking the time to reply guys great to hear from you.
Bob, good idea to get it moved but how do I do that. I'm floundering a bit on this site it's all a bit confusing at the moment. I'm a carpenter and not so clued up at this stuff.
Regards all
Ian Buick
buckster
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 12:21 AM UTC
Dave hi , go on do it do it .get it out of the bottom of the box mate .
Regards Ian
AFVFan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,980 posts
Armorama: 1,571 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 01:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Bob, good idea to get it moved but how do I do that. I'm floundering a bit on this site it's all a bit confusing at the moment.

Ian, on the top left of the page you'll see "hosted by". Just click on Darren's or Matt's name and send them a message requesting they move it.
 _GOTOTOP