_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Another T10M! This time from MENG
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 11:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

When when when????

Meng`s Leopard 2 A4 was first announced in January 2015 and will hopefully hit the shelves in April. So you can see for yourself when the T-10M comes out.
phantom8747
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 281 posts
Armorama: 273 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 06:06 PM UTC
So announced in March maybe available in June. Cool!!!!
Sekytwo
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 69 posts
Armorama: 65 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 09:58 PM UTC
I'm working on a Trumpy T64BV and have had no problems with it.. but im also working on MENG's Merkava 3D and that thing is a beauty.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2015 - 05:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

He's not joking. Trumpy put BRDM-1 into their catalogue 2-3 yrs ago. Still not released. They also make great hype for their new kitas eg. on FB and... Not released for months, half a year or more.
Meng shows the boxart and release the kit very soon (OK, scud is different).
So it's not a joke.

WAIT! You think that's bad? How about when AFV CLUB announced their M5A1 (Early) Stuart, it took them FIVE YEARS before they were actually released. Then, a few years back, we had the "Never-Never Land" M8 HMC that AFV CLUB announced, and then kept us US/Allied Fans waiting and waiting... TO NO AVAIL! AFV CLUB just DROPPED the M8, no questions asked. Same with the M3 Lee/Grant that DRAGON announced and NEVER FOLLOWED THROUGH WITH... That "We Reserve The Right..." B.S. leaves a sour taste in people's mouths...
hugohuertas
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,024 posts
Armorama: 1,013 posts
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2015 - 06:44 PM UTC
I just invite everybody to check the number of kits released by Trumpeter within the last five years, and then compare the list with the models released by Meng, or any other manufacturer apart from Dragon...
After that, you might talk about how Trumpeter lets you down.

The chinese Big-T -with their "cousin brand" Hobby Boss- is and will keep being the brand that provides us modelers with the widest and more unexpected variety of kits, so it should not be surprinsing for anyone with some contact with bussiness reality and some knowledge about what model manufacturing implies, if there are delays in some given kits release... Its all a matter of income, expected sales and where to invest first. That's probably why we saw Trumpeter's Scud out so fast.

And just don't confuse our own anxiety for a given kit with a trend in any manufacturer's policy.
I expected the 2S7 for decades, and sincerely had no hopes of seeing it in plastic; imagine how surprised -and pleased- I was with the recent release of Trumpeter's kit.
I also expected eagerly the T-72M4Cz, and now it is just around the corner...

So, again, if anyone says that Trumpeter is worse than any other manufacturer when it comes to deliver announced releases, I have to believe that you are actually kidding.
 _GOTOTOP