_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
M-26 Dragon Wagon
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2002 - 02:01 AM UTC
I am constructing the tractor portion of the marvelous Tamiya M-26 DW. If you have not started yours, I urge you to get going. It is a superb kit to build. Having said that I need some advice regarding the painting of the oxygen and acetylene bottles. The commercial variety, I believe, are painted a light green and yellow. Has anyone a reference where this color scheme is on the bottles for the M-26? Barring that has anyone a reference showing the commercial color covered by OD?
Thanks--once again a great model, worth every dime it costs.
DJ
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2002 - 02:13 AM UTC
DJ - In completing my model using the Technical Manual and surviving examples out here in California - I could find no reference other than matching OD Green for these tanks.

Not to say that some truck, some where, some time, couldn't have had 'em painted otherwise. I just haven't seen one in person, or photographed, in US Army service.

Gunnie
tankshack
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 310 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2002 - 02:15 AM UTC
This img.

Shows that the Oxygen and Acetylene bottles could be plain old OD....

Here's a link to the root... if you have not found this site yet... you should check it out.

http://www.ferreamole.it/images/Dragon/m25_dw_01.htm

http://digilander.iol.it/pmg/images/m25a1/m25a1_01.htm

Later,
Tim
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2002 - 02:52 AM UTC
I've got plenty of oxy/acetylene bottles at my site. Take a look at the M578 and FMTV 5 ton wrecker in my album and you should see factory fresh and slightly weathered bottles.
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2002 - 02:57 AM UTC
I appreciate the feedback and trust you enjoyed gazing on this magnificent model as much as I do.
DJ
RufusLeeking
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 330 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2002 - 04:12 AM UTC
I just finished checking out DG's DragonWagon very cool diorama. Maybe it's because i've built aircraft most of my life, maybe it's because now I like building armor too. But the Dragonwagon to me doesn't have the same appeal as a tank or aircraft, it's a big truck. Now the "Mammoth Car" from Speedracer that would be cool.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2002 - 04:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

But the Dragonwagon to me doesn't have the same appeal as a tank or aircraft, it's a big truck. Now the "Mammoth Car" from Speedracer that would be cool.

Here - Here!

I agree

Gunnie
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2002 - 08:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I just finished checking out DG's DragonWagon very cool diorama. Maybe it's because i've built aircraft most of my life, maybe it's because now I like building armor too. But the Dragonwagon to me doesn't have the same appeal as a tank or aircraft, it's a big truck. Now the "Mammoth Car" from Speedracer that would be cool.

Try it you will love it, great model
 _GOTOTOP