Hosted by Darren Baker
Quad # 12 vehicle colour burma
fenwood
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 76 posts
Armorama: 51 posts
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2015 - 01:54 PM UTC
Hello all, I have gone through (I think) most of the Quad FAT on the various forums and can only come up with info on the vehicle in NWE, the Med. area and Italy. I am after the vehicle colours for the Burma campaign. I have read through MAFVA on the Far East but I am still at a loss. What colour in model paints would be ideal?
Another question...would the #12 series have been used in Burma or would the Indian Army model have been more prevelant?
Would the Tamiya model kit with 25 pounder have been used in Burma, as is.
Hope all this makes sense.
In anticipation,
Tony
Removed by original poster on 03/10/15 - 11:31:53 (GMT).
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2015 - 04:37 PM UTC
Maybe this thread would help ?

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47208/thread/1252875507/Burma+Quad+update+%28for+Andrew+James,+mostly%29...

H.P.
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2015 - 07:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I am after the vehicle colours for the Burma campaign. What colour in model paints would be ideal?
Another question...would the #12 series have been used in Burma or would the Indian Army model have been more prevelant?
Would the Tamiya model kit with 25 pounder have been used in Burma, as is.
Hope all this makes sense.
In anticipation,
Tony

British Army Green would have been used. Not sure of the number/s though so others will help there. The Tamiya Quad was used 'as is' in most of the world so it would have served with British units there.

Hope that helps?
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,123 posts
Armorama: 2,539 posts
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2015 - 08:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

British Army Green would have been used.

Unfortunately there's no such thing as "British Army Green". Early in the war it would have been Khaki Green G3, but by the time the war in the East started, all Brit vehicles were being painted SCC2 Brown and not green at all. By 1944 vehicles in NW Europe were to be painted SCC15 Oliver Drab but this order did not extend to Burma.

The nominal Burma theatre colour was SCC13 Jungle Green although there are stories taht many american Lend Lease vehicles remained in their original American Olive Drab.

From Mike Starmer's posts over the years, here are his comments on the colour and a mix:

SCC 13 Jungle Green

Used in India and Burma on British and Commonwealth vehicles from about late 1942 - 1945 so your Chinese & Indian Sherman Vs and M3 Lees can be real dull now, as can many softskins too. It would have helped.

Mix 2 pts XF51 + 1 pt XF61 + 1 pt XF3.

HTH

Paul
fenwood
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 76 posts
Armorama: 51 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 02:29 AM UTC
Frenchy,thank you for your prompt reply.
I normally check out Missing Lynx but this time I overlooked them. Good piece of research.
Cliff, thank you also for your prompt response. It is always good to know you can find someone who can help.
Paul, thank you and I will certainly try the colour mix. Interesting to see how it compares to what I have already attempted.
To you all, thanks again,
Tony
 _GOTOTOP