_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
Black Dog: SEAL’s and Dog Team
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 02:20 AM UTC

Some news in from Black Dog has some new 1/35 scale figures in that cover two arms of the US Military.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
marcb
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,244 posts
Armorama: 1,226 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 02:31 AM UTC
Is it just me or do the SEAl figures look similar to the old Dragon release?
Monsoon
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 81 posts
Armorama: 69 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 03:33 AM UTC
Oh, yeah. I think Blackdog did some other SEALs and they were like the other two in the old DML set, just some subtle differences.
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 665 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 05:34 AM UTC
Roger that guys....very Dragon 'SEAL' 'LRRP' ish.
Although I do like the modern dog team figs.
amoz02t
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 1,383 posts
Armorama: 1,281 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 07:47 AM UTC
Please provide details on the pants pockets on the last Black Dog US figure 35133 with the "Full Sabrina" (Gun at or near head level, pointed straight up) as I need help. Which uniform is this again? Thanks

Stefan1580
Visit this Community
Berlin, Germany
KitMaker: 360 posts
Armorama: 354 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 04:38 PM UTC
They are looking really nice although these are more updated old Dragon Figures like the other two before. I think it is an good to realize much better detailded Figures which conform much more with the great Volstad Box Art. i have only a problem with the price. I think these two Figures will cost the same like the other two before and this does not conform with the quality. These cost more than the nearly perfectly sculpted Figures from Bravo-6 and Evolution.

Like:
- nice folds
- very nice looking grenade vest
- very nice looking SEAL rifleman ammunition vest
- good looking equipment

dislike:

- pose of the right leg from the grenadier, looks a little bit stiff and unnatural also the shape and fit of arms are questionable
- right arm from shot gunner has long sleeve, left one has roll up sleeve.
- boots and legs from the grenadier Figure are looking too long.
- fit and shape of the heads doesnßt look right.

I like them because they give a good base for conversions.
I would change the pose of the right leg from the grenadier. Add a hornet head, correct the shape of the right leg and change the boots. The shotgun Figure i would change the left arm or add a long sleeve with putty. The head has interesting facial expressions but the neck looks too long.

All in all i would give them 86% from 100% in comparison with Bravo-6 or Evolution and the price. I think a price about 8-10€ would be maximum for each Figure but not higher. They are better than Verlinden for me and nearly on one level with CMK ones.

The modern Fiugre set is much better done in my opinion. But this set has an different sculptor this time. Blackdog should use Mr. Hwang Jung Min as sculptor for their Figures. it makes a difference. They are looking much more natural with fine smooth folds and details. Just my two cents about this Figures.

_GOTOTOP