_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Out of the forest
APbullet
Visit this Community
Utrecht, Netherlands
KitMaker: 236 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 09:28 PM UTC
Hello everybody, this is one of my first dio's. Just finished my tiger and I wanted to make some groundwork. So I planned this little dio. It's almost finished but i thought mayby you guys can give me some comments before i'm finished. So give it a shot i can take it. And yes, i will add some figures.

Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 10:05 PM UTC
hi AP,
First of all,I liked teh foliage very much and thinking you will add some figures and weather the diorama later I will make a few comments.
1.Footprints and track prinrs muct be done when the ground is wet.
2.accessories like ammo cases,crates,fuel drums and cans must be pressed to the ground when the ground is wet.
3.barbed wire looks not suitable for this scale.
anyway this is a good diorama and the problems can be covered with some creative solutions..
best regards
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 11:38 PM UTC
Hi there i ll try to add up some help after my brother's Engin talked.
1.At first i believe every dio or vigniette should tell a story , so think about a lil one!!!
2.The barb wire looks indeed a lil big for the scale, but i also wanted to see the remainings of its cutted parts of the wire on the wooden piles that is no longer attached cause its reatached or broken but there was the rest of it. so put some on .
3. As the scene is setted up and with the minefield sign i feel that the minedfield is inside the barbwire , but then there is all this heavy foliage (which is excellent) which have been there many years to grow enough (i mean before the setting of the minefield) so who could have gone over the foliage and around them to put the mines ? and why put them after all if with so much grown up foliage no tank or soldier would pass from there .
4. The tiger needs some serious washes and pastels and with all this mud and fluufy terrain the mud and earth would have gone almost all over the vehicle so some more dirt please.
5. I believe that the equipment should be putted in a most proper site , so they do not stand in the beast's way(itsnot sited but on the road and maybe shoud move urgently if attacked, so no obstacles allowed)
6.The barrels of fuel need serious weathering and washing cause they look brand new and the boxes also . In such fron conditions i believe they would have all kinds of marks on them.

I hope i helped a lil, with stuff that you can easily fix and improve your view in this beautiful lil scene

Cheers
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 02:14 PM UTC
Looks great APbullet, the only thing i would do is make thw whole tank a bit more dirty, give it a bit more weathering, also you could give those ammo crates and barrel a bit of weathering to, but overall it looks awsume the way it is, those first to pics are really kool :-) i like the way you took them, cheers
sphyrna
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 379 posts
Armorama: 150 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 05:10 AM UTC
Excellent sepia tone pics- done in Photoshop, I assume?
As I scrolled down I thought they were reference pictures of the real thing that you were basing your diorama on.
Weathering- Major Goose has good points.
Corner foliage- looks great- I like how you clumped the sea foam together to make it look like an overgrown forest.

Peter
 _GOTOTOP