_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
right hand DS track for initial tiger
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 06:20 PM UTC
Anyone got a spare right hand DS track that they don't want?
I need it as I want to build tiger 121 winter camo and my kit only has 1 right track and 2 left tracks.

Willing to pay for postage.

Cheers
Karl
cabasner
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,083 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 06:55 PM UTC
Not to point out what to me seems obvious, do you need another right hand track? I presume that you are building the Dragon 6600. I just got that kit myself. I thought, but could be wrong, that the purpose of the kit tracks were to give the model the option of either the 'non-handed', later 'early' tracks. or to build the tank using the 'handed' or 'mirrored' tracks. That being the case, the tracks supplied were, I thought, sufficient to build a tank with either case. Are you saying that, somehow, to make the 'non-handed' version, and to be accurate, you need another individual track? I'm curious, since, eventually, I'll be building my 6600 and would like to have all options available.
vettejack
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,277 posts
Armorama: 1,254 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 07:20 PM UTC
Need the kit number!

I never plan to use DS tracks on any kit Dragon puts out...aftermarket tracks are light years ahead of DS and for me a better choice. If I have the kit, the tracks will be yours.
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 10:02 PM UTC
On tiger1.info site I found that tiger 121 was wearing 2 right hand tracks whilst painted in it's winter camouflage.

Yes iv just started building kit 6600 and have been looking at some paint options:

Tiger #121 winter camouflage
Tiger #121 panzer grey
Tiger #122 white wash over panzer grey
Tiger #123 white wash over panzer grey
Tiger #3 winter camouflage
Tiger #100 been done to death

Can't make up my mind.
cabasner
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,083 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 03:23 AM UTC
Karl,

I really wanted to have a Tiger in Grey, which i really why I got the 6600 kit. However, a white washed grey would be fine, too, though i have never done a winter washed tank, and I find the concept scary.

However, whichever one you pick, could you let me know, and let me know the information you gathered on the ones you DON'T build? Maybe we came make a set!

I am thinking I probably will do aftermarket tracks, and perhaps I can let you have my right hand track. I haven't opened the box yet. Are the tracks that obviously marked?
 _GOTOTOP