_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
1/35 barrel for T-90A
JimboHUN
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 461 posts
Armorama: 443 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 05:54 PM UTC
Hi Lads,

I am looking for a decent barrel set for my Meng T-90A and I have seen that there is plenty to chose from (to my surprise).

Anyone has any experience with them, there are some new companies (at least to me) like Magic Models or Tetra Model Works.

Any pointers please?

Thank you,

Adam
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2015 - 12:50 AM UTC
Hi;

IMHO the kits Barrel should be just fine, but if you are into metal then any of the AM Barrels would work.My Personal Preference would be Model Point, but thats just me; the other makers have all kinds of Different Features that make them Accurate, such as Metal thermo Sleeve that has to be attached by Solder. Which Barrel that you choose is up to you, the only thing that you have to consider is Cost. How much do you want to Invest, the only Barrel that I would Stay Away from is the RB Item in that its Not Correct.
GOOD LUCK; MIKE.
Sekytwo
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 69 posts
Armorama: 65 posts
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2015 - 08:17 PM UTC
isnt it the same barrel for the T64BV? Im building Trumpeters and was looking into an aftermarket barrel since the one that came in the kit is FUBAR now.
arpikaszabo
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 674 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2015 - 08:30 PM UTC
I used in my build the 125mm 2A46M (M-1, M-2) barrel without thermal jacket from Magic model (Item No.#: MM3529). It is very nice, with great details. I did not check if it accurate.
 _GOTOTOP