_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M1A1 Rebuild Video
cabasner
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,083 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 01:58 AM UTC
I know this info has already been posted here, probably more than once, but I just watched this and I wanted to tell anyone who is a fan of the M1A1/M1A2 Abrams tank to watch. The 'this' I am writing about is the 'Ultimate Factory' M1 Abrams Tank, Parts 1 and 2, on YouTube. This 2 part video shows how they take old and/or battle damaged M1s and return them to pristine, brand new condition! It was fascinating, including how they strip the hull down to bare metal, etc. Again, I know this has been posted before, but it is worth restating in case you haven't seen it!
trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 667 posts
Armorama: 639 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 03:08 AM UTC
*breaks out scanning electron microscope in search of possible link*
cabasner
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,083 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 06:36 AM UTC
▶ Ultimate Factories_ M1 Abrams Tank Part 1_2 - YouTube
Wasn't sure if this would come across as a link... Doesn't look like it, but if you search on YouTube for this, you'll find it!
amoz02t
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 1,383 posts
Armorama: 1,281 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 07:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I know this info has already been posted here, probably more than once, but I just watched this and I wanted to tell anyone who is a fan of the M1A1/M1A2 Abrams tank to watch. The 'this' I am writing about is the 'Ultimate Factory' M1 Abrams Tank, Parts 1 and 2, on YouTube. This 2 part video shows how they take old and/or battle damaged M1s and return them to pristine, brand new condition! It was fascinating, including how they strip the hull down to bare metal, etc. Again, I know this has been posted before, but it is worth restating in case you haven't seen it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=G8uFVKmAj5o

Thank you Curt! This is new to me and an excellent reference.
 _GOTOTOP