_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
russian bmp-3 camo
bulldawg380
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 347 posts
Armorama: 338 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 10:55 PM UTC
hello all I am getting ready to paint a Russian BMP-3 in what appeears to be a 2 tone green scheme the model is the Trump kit #1528 and the paint sheet says the the lighter green color is gray light brown I only use vallejo and the call number is 929 which is listed as light brown but that just does not seem right could someone help me determine what is the correct color and if possible the vallejo paint number i have tried researching the color thourgh google and prime portal by looking at photos to no avail thanks in advance
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2015 - 06:37 AM UTC
Hi;

Your Best Bet would be to make A Test Chip on A piece of white Card Board and run A Test and see if you can match it. If not then take it with you the Next Time that you go out to your Local Hobby Shop if you Have One. Then try to match it with either Tamiya, Testors, Model Masters, if you find A Color thats close then you can take it and then add A Color to get you Close. Mixing Colors to get A Match is not all that Hard, it just takes A Lil-bit-O practice.
I normally have Better Luck with Model Masters as they Have A Wider range of Colors.

GOOD LUCK; MIKE.
 _GOTOTOP