_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Bergepanther interior
wedgetail53
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 658 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 02:31 PM UTC
G'day team

I know that earlier models of Bergepanthers would have had their interior (most of which was open) painted in Dark Yellow and Primer Red. However, I'm currently building a Bergepanther Ausf G, produced in early 1945, when, I believe, the base colour of German armour was dark green.

Does anybody have any definitive evidence to confirm for me that what would have been Dark Yellow on earlier Bergepanthers would be Dark Green on those produced in early 1945?

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards

Rob
Hederstierna
Visit this Community
Nordjylland, Denmark
KitMaker: 1,102 posts
Armorama: 1,018 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 02:58 PM UTC
Hi Rob
I agree on the base color being dark green in 1945, but I'm no Expert. Did a simular project some years ago, it was quite fun but a lot of Work. Hope everything goes well with yours.
Here's a couple of Pictures for inspration.
Jacob

wedgetail53
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 658 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2015 - 04:40 AM UTC
G'day Jacob

Thanks for that - you have more or less confirmed what I thought, and you're quite correct about it being a LOT of work!

Regards

Rob
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2015 - 05:33 AM UTC
Rob, not sure about the dark green... According to Tom Jentz, Panther Gs were being left base coated in red oxide primer, which was then sparingly over painted with patches of red brown, dark yellow and olive green, from Sept 44. Whether that applies to Bergepanthers as well, I couldn't say for sure, but it seems likely.
 _GOTOTOP