_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Vietnam
For Vietnam diorama subjects or techniques.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Pics for Under ground warfare
pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 1,017 posts
Armorama: 752 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 04:06 AM UTC
First off sorry for my computer iliteracy in posting pics I hope this don't discourage any one away from post.

Quoted Text

A little more progress. I plan on a couple more Vietnamese civilians being interrogated. Don't know if you can tell the figure closest to the vegetation will be a prisoner blind folded hands tide be hind his back. Trying to find some suitable GI's probably 3 more and an Arvin interpreter. Any ideas on this will help but I'm sure their will be some converting going on. One more thing would the fire and the apparatus for hanging the pot be typical

Nam1 photo image.jpg1_zps8fuo6roh.jpg" BORDER="0">
Nam2 photo image.jpg2_zpstvsujii1.jpg" BORDER="0">
Nam4 photo image.jpg4_zpszxytztlr.jpg" BORDER="0">

Nam3 photo image.jpg3_zpssma309md.jpg" BORDER="0">
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 03:03 PM UTC
I would recommend looking for figures, here:
http://www.historexagents.com/shop/hxshop.php

What's going on, with the guy in the house?
ReconTL3-1
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 726 posts
Armorama: 687 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 10:57 PM UTC
The guy in the house is a tunnel rat getting ready to enter the tunnel entrance in the house.

This diorama is coming along nicely. When I get back from work this evening or tomorrow morning, I will post some suggestions for figures you are wanting to include in the diorama.

Cheers,
James
pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2015 - 03:46 AM UTC
Yes Matt, the figure in the hut is a tunnel rat. He is standing over the entrance you can't tell it's there because I'm working on the ladder thanks for the link.
Thanks James, I will be looking forward to your suggestions.
ReconTL3-1
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 01:30 AM UTC
Hello Keenan,

Before I used the Vietnamese Interpreter/Tiger or Kit Carson Scout in my last diorama, I had originally had intended to have him interrogating a prisoner. He is a conversion of the Viet Cong from the Masterbox "Charlie on the Left!" kit and I thought the pose was quite fitting for both diorama ideas. You could make one similar and if you didn't want to sculpt in the jungle fatigue pockets on the trousers, they could be just the regular OG 107 utility trousers or some sort of ARVN camo trousers. You could even make the guy be in Tiger Stripes.
The VC has the torso of the captured VC from the Bravo 6 kit with the Navy SEAL and the VC prisoner. The legs are from the DML/Dragon Viet Cong set.

For the 3 American figures, the Bravo 6 RTO and Officer kit would work as two of them and then just look to see what figure you would want to be guarding the prisoners. There are many to choose from by Bravo 6, Dragon, and Masterbox.

Here are some pictures of the Interpreter and VC.

Hope these help.
Cheers,
James
pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 03:43 AM UTC
Thanks, James I like the conversion looks pretty simple also. Is the head of interpreter from Charlie onThe Left really like the facial expression. Looks really aggressive.
ReconTL3-1
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 04:47 AM UTC
You're welcome. The conversion is a fairly easy one. The head on the interpreter is the head from the Charlie on the Left kit and it does have an aggressive look to it which is why I had chosen to go with it for the interpreter.

Cheers,
James
 _GOTOTOP