_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Nice AFV prices
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 07:26 PM UTC
Today I got a newsletter from Sunny Hobby about big discount on some models.I checked the website and noticed prices are really noticeable.
Those who needs AFV or more from Meng and Takom, this link worths to visit.
best regards
Engin
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 07:34 PM UTC
It says that the sale won't begin, until tomorrow. Factor in the time change. Excellent prices.
edmund
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 668 posts
Armorama: 456 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 09:40 PM UTC
The shipping seems a bit up there . So far Hobbyeasy has been to me the best shipping rates and the fastest shipping time . Put an order in four days later it's in the mailbox . And it came from Across the pacific .
Wierdy
Visit this Community
Ukraine / Україна
KitMaker: 570 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 10:59 PM UTC
Here is an example of what you can find if interested in a particular kit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tamiya-1-35-WWII-U-S-M26-Pershing-Tank-Model-Kit-Detail-Accessories-/251973509203?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aaacaa053

It looks far tastier than this:

http://www.rainbowtoptt.com/product/1-35-US-M26-Pershing-T26E3-code-TA35254/847/cid/

Cheers all
edmund
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2015 - 07:51 AM UTC
That's a heck of a price difference .
young_sven
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 749 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2015 - 11:36 AM UTC
Some of these shipping costs from ebay sellers is ludicrous. Its showing 48 USD to ship this one model from the US to Sweden!! Not the first time I have seen these ridiculous rates on shipping from the US to Europe.

Some sellers are truly profiting from shipping as well as the sale of the model.

Many European sellers also have rip-off prices on shipping.

Have often purchased kits on ebay from Korea and the shipping to Sweden has been free or just a few USD. What's wrong with this picture?

Needless to say. Most of my modeling purchases are from Asia. China/HK, Korea etc.

Might have to try Sunny Hobby out as well, thanks for the link!
edmund
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2015 - 02:30 AM UTC
Have you seen how much it cost to ship items domestically in the USA . This is going to the post office and handing them the packages . It's actually cheaper to buy from the Far East that to buy something fro California .
bots1141
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 318 posts
Armorama: 313 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2015 - 03:45 AM UTC
I use hobbyeasy slow mail. It may take 2 months but the price is worth it. If i need something fast I buy from scalehobbyist. With their cheapest shipping i get it in 2 or 3 days.
jekrott
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 485 posts
Armorama: 353 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2015 - 03:47 AM UTC
I love HobbyEasy,they are my first choice followed by LuckyModel but for me HobbyEasy and this is just me speaking on my own experience with them,my orders take forever a week to 10 days waiting for it to leave the warehouse then another week to 10 days for it to show up at my door.But they will keep getting my business because of price and they just seem to always have what I want
edmund
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2015 - 10:25 AM UTC
I went to hobbyeasy , thanks for tip , got the miniart panzer III C cheapest place they beat everybody , even the shipping was lower by a couple of bucks . They don't have any paint thought.
young_sven
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2015 - 11:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Have you seen how much it cost to ship items domestically in the USA . This is going to the post office and handing them the packages . It's actually cheaper to buy from the Far East that to buy something fro California .

Edmund, I share your pain man. Same thing in Sweden. It costs just as much (a lot!) to ship a parcel to neighbouring Denmark as shipping to the other side of the world. Asia seems to have got it right somehow. I have no idea how they even manage to offer free shipping in many cases (and not connected to a "minimum order amount either), but I say good for them.

Prices of kits in Sweden are also unbelievable. One of our large stores in Stockholm charged over 80 USD for Mengs little FT17 (the second release which cost 21 USD from Hobbyeasy + around 8-10 USD shipping).

Import costs, duties, costs of running a store etc cannot possibly justfy that price difference.

Needless to say, I don't ever shop models in THAT store.. haha

95% of my purchases are made from Asia, works great and helps the wallet :-)
edmund
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2015 - 06:51 PM UTC
My take on the prices , specially from China is that the Chinese are subsidizing the cost of shipping , to keep their economy going . To get people to buy from over there .
young_sven
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2015 - 06:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

My take on the prices , specially from China is that the Chinese are subsidizing the cost of shipping , to keep their economy going . To get people to buy from over there .

That makes them pretty smart in my book. Maybe something our own countries should consider :-)
keo
Visit this Community
Nordjylland, Denmark
KitMaker: 613 posts
Armorama: 508 posts
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2015 - 07:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

That makes them pretty smart in my book. Maybe something our own countries should consider :-)

I second that
 _GOTOTOP