_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Help with Hungarian tank book?!
ninjrk
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
Armorama: 1,347 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 11:17 PM UTC
I am currently wrapping up a review of the Hobby Boss TAS 44M kit but for the accuracy portion there is kind of a gaping hole. The issue is that recent research (taken from the WOT-News blog seems to indicate that the previous size estimate was way off, which is going to directly impact whether this kit is at all accurate. The cite is for Ádám Bíró – Gyula Sárhidai: A Magyar Királyi Honvédség hazai gyártású páncélos harcjárművei 1914-1945. Budapest, 2012. pages 249-268 and I can't even find the book available for purchase (two on-line retailers say that it is but one actually isn't and the other has had no response). If anyone has this book or even knows where I can buy a copy for real, could you let me know?

Thanks, Matt
arpikaszabo
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 674 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Friday, April 03, 2015 - 12:50 AM UTC
Hello,
I browsed the online bookshops and the book seems to be out of print.

If I interpreted the page correctly, this shop seems to have a copy left:
http://konyvtunder.hu/?tid=191441
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 3,608 posts
Armorama: 3,092 posts
Posted: Friday, April 03, 2015 - 01:13 AM UTC
Matt, I have Magyar Steel, an excellent book on Hungarian armor that's fairly new (2007) and it has the short history of the TAS 44M and a left side line drawing in 1/35 scale.
If you can't find the book I could email you the drawing or measure the drawing for you and email you the dimensions.
romsits
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 9 posts
Armorama: 9 posts
Posted: Friday, April 03, 2015 - 02:06 AM UTC
Hello Matt,

drop me a line if you wish: romsitsa at yahoo dot com , I have the book and some further data. I do not own the kit, but judging from the photos it is a problem child.

Yours

Adam
C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
KitMaker: 2,433 posts
Armorama: 2,325 posts
Posted: Friday, April 03, 2015 - 02:26 AM UTC
I have that book too, bought in a Budapest hobby shop back in 2013. The pages you give are correct. It's mostly line drawings, some with measurements and on one page some small photo of a 1/10 scale model.

Cheers,

Christophe
 _GOTOTOP