_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Unfinished Campaign?
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
Armorama: 2,283 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 01:54 AM UTC
Hi guys, I just want to ask what would happen if you happened not to accomplish a certain at a given date. Besides the campaign ribbon, what else would you miss?
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 02:36 AM UTC
The self satisfaction that you hit the dead line. Depending on which one, there may be voting for a Peoples Choice in a pole or inclusing in a gallery set aside for the campaign.

That's it - Ohhh all the money the winner gets, can't forget that.... #:-) #:-) #:-)
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 02:49 AM UTC
hmmmm... to tell the truth they do nuthing in the first time but if it happens twice ; the campaign leader orders the campaign co-leader to learn the personal details of this participant and all info is transfered to ACCC HQ (Armorama Campaign Central Command Headquarters). There your location is checked and main computer finds 3 modelers who live near your address .They are assigned to locate you and destroy all your built models. This team is called BMTG(built models termination group) and they also get all your unbuild models. They just leave you 1 unbuilt model kit and a note wiith a date on it. If you build this model in the defined date,they send all your models back. if not the models are distributed to Armorama members as give aways... third non-accomplishment is certain death by the ACE (Armorama Campaign Executioner) :-)

in serious, modelling is a hobby and we are all here fun.when a modeler does not accomplish his model,it makes me sad because i believe he has a problem not to finish it ontime. I wish he solves his problem in a short time and try to help in my limits if any help is required.
best regards
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 03:06 AM UTC

Slodder, you must be getting old or something. Tsk,tsk, tsk.....you forgot to mention the Ticker Tape Parade!!!

Silly slodder.

Tread.

Just as a side note. I don't think I'm going out on a limb by saying that at least some of us need a little motivation now and again to help us either finish a model, restart a model that we put down, get past a bout of 'Modeler's Block', or to just simply try something new.
Successful Campaign completion can help you do that!

Besides that, the sharing of ideas and the supportive interrelationship that grow's from succesful Campaign participation is not to be missed!
Davhowell
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 268 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 03:50 AM UTC
I dont think im gonna be able to finish my models for some campaigns mostly because im lazy hehe.
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
Armorama: 1,138 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 03:50 AM UTC
Geez....you guys must be slacking on getting to me and taking all my kits.....as I am still working on my Modern Armor entrant for that campaign, , my WoW entrant is in pieces on my bench, and my Death from above entrant is still in the box. Not to mention my modern warship campaign entrant....I should just quit myself!!!!!
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 03:53 AM UTC

Boy...you guys should get together and start giving 'Motivational Seminars'....but wait a minute, that would mean you'd have to finish something you started.........forget it.

Tread. #:-) #:-) #:-)
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 03:56 AM UTC
This is an Amusing thread!!! #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-)
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 03:59 AM UTC
Yep, almost have my entry for the "Splash" campaign finished...

Oh, too funny Graywolf. Who is the ACE? I want to be sure and be nice to that person...

Shaun
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 11:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Just as a side note. I don't think I'm going out on a limb by saying that at least some of us need a little motivation now and again to help us either finish a model, restart a model that we put down, get past a bout of 'Modeler's Block', or to just simply try something new. Successful Campaign completion can help you do that!
Besides that, the sharing of ideas and the supportive interrelationship that grow's from succesful Campaign participation is not to be missed!

By participating in a campaign, there is also the benefit of learning new methods (the x factor) and with the "supportive interrelationship ", hopefully will boost your modelling skills and take your modelling to a new high. Also there is the fact that you should maybe do a little research on the subject, which if you are interested, improves your history background ... which in turn will help when lookin for a new subject to model!! Barbarossa and RMG are two good examples of this.

Quoted Text

.....as I am still working on my Modern Armor entrant for that campaign, , my WoW entrant is in pieces on my bench, and my Death from above entrant is still in the box. Not to mention my modern warship campaign entrant....

Its up to each modeller to enroll in a campaign. I started out enrolling in too many and got burnt out. Now I try to pick and choose, because if you know you realistically cant finish, its a bit of a anti-climax when a lot of modellers dont finish. This for me is the biggest dissadvantage of the campaigns.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 01:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi guys, I just want to ask what would happen if you happened not to accomplish a certain at a given date. Besides the campaign ribbon, what else would you miss?

and don't forget the braggin' rights...
 _GOTOTOP