_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
MRAP Cougar 6x6 MENG
MakiWawa
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 448 posts
Armorama: 448 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 12:04 PM UTC
I am beginning the 6x6 monster with MENG. the Interior is quite poor, so I am going a bit to change them. If somebody has photographs of the inside, especially electronics - what and where is installed, it I will be grateful for the help.
Another case- suspension. I would like to add wires of the installation, but unfortunately in photographs one can see little, or nothing.
rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 950 posts
Armorama: 905 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 09:51 PM UTC
Maybe you shall buy Robert Skippers great photos that he sells here, it's a cheap way to get some great photos, they are really good! I did also search for interior photos of the Cougar but did not found so many good ones on the internet... And it's the same with all cables under the mrap but you have some in the photos from Robert skippers photos... But i would also have liked to have some more detail photos of all the cables underside... But as i said, i can really recomend to buy these photos as they are great and cheap also

If you can wait a little and want to update your cougar i have been told from a resin company that they are doing a basic update set for this veichle now...

Looking forward to follow your build if you will show ot here
MakiWawa
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 11:14 PM UTC
Roger,
We are supposed to come to oneself aid and I think that selling photographs is a bit of a strange matter. I will still try something to look for. Tomorrow I will place photographs from first phases of the workshop.
MakiWawa
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2015 - 09:00 PM UTC
First step- suspension front and rear.
Front bumper

18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2015 - 11:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Roger,
We are supposed to come to oneself aid and I think that selling photographs is a bit of a strange matter. I will still try something to look for. Tomorrow I will place photographs from first phases of the workshop.

Piotr,
In my response to your PM I suggested you search Armorama threads, where at one time or another I've posted several dozen of exactly the photos you are looking for. Selling photos is not rare - hundreds of reference books are sold every year. People are buying them for... the photos. I choose not to go that route because I can continually update my files and can and do send those upgrades (at no cost) when former customers (who number now in the hundreds) ask. No seller of reference books is going to do that.
Finally, a good part of my references were taken in Iraq, or at bases where I had limited free time. My time is just as precious to me as it is to anyone else. I could better use it in the gym, keeping up with languages, or just communicating with my family. That said, several people have asked me if I could find photos for them in my travels, and I have done so free of charge (M88A2 engine bays, underside views of M1A2 Abrams with mine plows, to name a few) and spent literally hours hunting these subjects down for them because I could. Most recently I sent an entire ABV walk around to a guy just because I had it, and he needed it.
I won't try to change your mind about my references. This is just to enlighten you as to why people pay for others' time and labor. And as I said to you before, good luck finding what you need. Those photos are out there. I even know of a few folks who save all of them and them repost them later without even acknowledging the source. But I suppose that's okay if that's what they feel like doing.
Sometimes a modeler comes from a place where circumstances are tough, and I'll send these very references just because I feel like it, usually without being asked. Those guys know who they are, and I feel it's good karma sometimes.
hliu24
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 798 posts
Armorama: 797 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 01:40 AM UTC
Hi Robert

I need the m-a tv walk around , should I send you the money now?

Thanks. Jay.
MakiWawa
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 02:33 AM UTC
Rob.
I thank for the reply. Don't misunderstand me. On the forum "humvee around the world" we are helping ourselves mutually and rather nobody is thinking of trading in information. I respect your approach towards the matter- your time and your work. I hope that I will manage somehow.
hliu24
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 03:08 AM UTC
Looks good makinen, will keep watching it.

Jay
MakiWawa
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Monday, April 13, 2015 - 12:32 PM UTC
Front seats and the control panel without BFT, PLGR cables and dust

Radio AN/VRC-110, and others electronic devices without cables

I will still add the driver of the Chameleon (marked on yellow) and BFT
rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
Posted: Monday, April 13, 2015 - 07:49 PM UTC
Looking really good! what kind of radios have you used? Is it the blast models ones or the pro art models?
Will follow your build!
MakiWawa
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Monday, April 13, 2015 - 08:26 PM UTC
Roger
35181 blastmodels
http://www.phpshopxml.com/client/blamod/tmb/bl35181k-H-485-W-500-S-100845.jpg
MakiWawa
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 09:10 PM UTC
Interior is in 90% ready. About the 80% from it won't be visible. I make-ed the plate behind a driving seat and there reaching cables. Box of the Warlock guidance. Black box behind a driving seat (I don't know what it is) and a few cords. Now the time for the inside of the roof and the range of the driver above his head.

hliu24
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 09:44 PM UTC
Brother you are getting really good with your brushes and I like how Meng designed their plastic seat belts.

Jay
rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 10:38 PM UTC
Looking very good
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2015 - 03:02 AM UTC
Very nice kit, very nice build!
MakiWawa
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 04:12 PM UTC
Thanks Guys
I supplemented a bit of missing elements indoors

BFT+ DAGR

After folding into the whole it is possible to see the inside in photographs. Only through open front and back door, something it will be possible to notice. However I have a conscience calm

MakiWawa
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 12:17 PM UTC
Model glued together and painted with brush with Pactra A118 paint. I added the additional plating of the turret Frag 7 and floodlights from Bronco

MakiWawa
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 - 05:56 PM UTC
The vehicle got the glossy varnish, decals and wash. I did also small traces of the use. Painted whole with matte varnish.

rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 - 08:04 PM UTC
Looking very good Piotr
MakiWawa
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 07:23 PM UTC
I am slowly going to the end. For make-antennas, glasses of floodlights, rust on their handle, M2 on the turret, one front indicator, cables to floodlights, "lenss" of mirrors, and general smoking and muddying

MakiWawa
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2015 - 11:18 PM UTC
Finish

rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2015 - 11:28 PM UTC
Looking very good, have been fun to follow your build
WXerock
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 672 posts
Armorama: 668 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 05:03 PM UTC
Piotr, I was going through the Cougar builds and came across this one. You really did a beautiful job on the interior. You have the same philosophy as I do. I don't care if the detail can be seen once it is buttoned up. That's what pictures are for! Fantastic build overall.

Regards,

Eric
edklingon
Visit this Community
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
KitMaker: 194 posts
Armorama: 173 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 06:04 PM UTC
Amazing build!
 _GOTOTOP