_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Warrior IFV
Neonoodle
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 41 posts
Armorama: 41 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 04:09 PM UTC
Good afternoon all. Some of you may remember me. Some might not. Been on here since 2005 and have a few started posts but never any look ive finished a model posts. Trying to kickstart the hobby again after several changes and events in my life have forced this on hold.

I plan to finish several started kits, beginning with the Academy Warrior from Iraq. I've uploaded some photos which is pretty much my starting point now from, after a failed atempt to restart years ago. I plan on ant least getting the model into primer before starting something else.

The project will be competing against the AA CHARRV, a LEP Cvrt scimitar, Enhanced Armour CR2 and a Cr1

Enough of the Babbling Pics!

All comments etc are welcome. Pictures may change as i find a method of photo hosting and blogging that workd for me. Doing this from a mobile phone and non of it seams phone friendly

Neil
disorderly
Visit this Community
Ireland
KitMaker: 125 posts
Armorama: 114 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 06:08 PM UTC
Looks good, Neil.
I build this kit a few years ago. Pity it had no interior detail.
Garrand
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 195 posts
Armorama: 194 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 07:38 PM UTC
Don't feel bad; I have the same kit as a shelf queen as well. One of these days I'll finish it. I used an aftermarket barrel (can't remember whose), some Eduard PE, and that's it. A nice kit OOTB. I basepainted it NATO green so far, was planning on using an acrylic BRitish Desert Tan and distressing the paint job. One of these days...

Damon.
Removed by original poster on 04/12/15 - 12:07:06 (GMT).
Neonoodle
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2015 - 11:02 PM UTC
Evening Peeps, just a quick update to show how im getting on, managed to add some of the turret detail.

Now splitting my time between this and AA's CRARRV

Enjoy for now.

Keef1648
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,240 posts
Armorama: 1,192 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 04:54 PM UTC
I have built this beastie a couple of times and it does look nicer with a replacement barrel..

The reason I say this is because you have a slight warp (bend) in yours in two places, (above picture) and it will spoil your finished product.

The first is alignment where the barrel trough joins the Resin mantlet and the second is a bend from where the barrel exits the trough towards the muzzle..

Not being picky mate, just helpful.

Keith.
Neonoodle
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 05:58 PM UTC
Thank you for that Keef, this is where my 3 year old managed to teach onto the kitchen work surface and grab hold of it
Dannyd
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 803 posts
Armorama: 793 posts
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2015 - 12:53 AM UTC
Hi fella, good start to the build, I agree about the gun, it needs to be changed and RBM do a real nice metal barrel which will see you right for only a few quid.

I've built this kit and from memory the suspension needs tweaking, I think it sits too high for a combat laiden wagon, I pinned the swing arms with brass rod and adjusted the height.

Dan
Neonoodle
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 11:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi fella, good start to the build, I agree about the gun, it needs to be changed and RBM do a real nice metal barrel which will see you right for only a few quid.

I've built this kit and from memory the suspension needs tweaking, I think it sits too high for a combat laiden wagon, I pinned the swing arms with brass rod and adjusted the height.

Dan

Thanks for the advice Dan, going to leave the suspension now till the end and find a way to remove them safely with out breaking the arms. As for the barrel i will have to find something to bebond the superglue holding the plastic barrel into the resin mantlet.

Planned to do some last night but my AA M1070F Het arrived so i was slightly distracted lol

Neil
Cuny12
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 378 posts
Armorama: 348 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 06:10 PM UTC
G'day mate

Looking good mate I have the castoff warrior TES kit and will eventually get to it now can you give me some thoughts on the challenger AARV I've thought about getting one at some point.

Many thanks, Ben
Neonoodle
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 - 02:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

G'day mate

Looking good mate I have the castoff warrior TES kit and will eventually get to it now can you give me some thoughts on the challenger AARV I've thought about getting one at some point.

Many thanks, Ben

Hi Ben,

I've got my eye on the TES Warrior and the TES CR2, but requires saving of many many beer tokens lol.

As for the AA CRARRV converson i think its a great kit. Mine was purchesed back in 2003 so my kit is quite old, it came with cast white metal parts which i beleive are all cast and supplied in resin now. the kit is well detailed and fits together wit little problems, I have a thread on here about me building mine.

Neil
Cuny12
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 378 posts
Armorama: 348 posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 - 04:44 PM UTC
Thanks Neil

I saw your post on the AARV and will follow intently on your progress, I would like to do an OP Telic version but I'm a little uninformed if this kit suits an operational vehicle I'll keep researching this beast and go from there.

Many thanks Ben.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 - 05:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

G'day mate

Many thanks, Ben

Hi Ben,

I've got my eye on the TES Warrior and the TES CR2, but requires saving of many many beer tokens lol.

As for the AA CRARRV converson i think its a great kit. Mine was purchesed back in 2003 so my kit is quite old, it came with cast white metal parts which i beleive are all cast and supplied in resin now. the kit is well detailed and fits together wit little problems, I have a thread on here about me building mine.

Neil

If your interested in the Warrior WRAP2, you might take a look at my build from a while back.

http://tinyurl.com/kf7sujn

PLEASE DO NOT comment on the CROMWELL aspects of the build, the conversion is now part of the CASTOFF conversions line and has NOTHING to do with Gordon Brown (Cromwell).

Keith.
Neonoodle
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 - 06:16 PM UTC

If your interested in the Warrior WRAP2, you might take a look at my build from a while back.

http://tinyurl.com/kf7sujn

PLEASE DO NOT comment on the CROMWELL aspects of the build, the conversion is now part of the CASTOFF conversions line and has NOTHING to do with Gordon Brown (Cromwell).

Looks a good build, I maybe see what funds i have a xmas time, but im after Terrys Bar Amrour scimitar first to replicate the ones i used on Herrick 5 back in 2006. I oftern check Terrys site to see whats new (hoping for the scimitar 2 and am aware he now owns the models. Just wish someone would bring out the rest if the CVR(T) family with the LEP modifications attached.

Neil

Keith. [/quote]
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 - 06:23 PM UTC
He has been working on the Scimitar 2 (Spamitar) but for some unknown reason he has gone quiet these past few months?

Not certain what he is up to at this point in time.

Keith.
Neonoodle
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 - 06:32 PM UTC
Yeah i hope all is well with him, I believe he did get a massive flood of orders when he took on the new moulds so unless hes playing catch up. But those good things come to those that wait, same a AA seam to be taking along time to release there CR2 engine bay conversion,

Just wonder what back door will appear on the Scim2, the smaller samson type, or the bigger spartan one.
 _GOTOTOP