_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
tbs bmpt-72 do you have it?
Wakemeup
Visit this Community
Napoli, Italy
KitMaker: 880 posts
Armorama: 874 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 11:32 PM UTC
It's a conversion offered from TBS Models for tamiya t-72....do you have it?Can you say me something about the quality!?
Regards

Ciro Riccio

PS
I've seen the post over there about the conversion but I would love to have personal reviews and photos and your comments.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2015 - 01:07 AM UTC
Hi Ciro;

I made this Vehicle about A Year ago, I used two Tamiya T-72s for the Conversion, cutting the Hulls apart and adding A section from one of the kits to make the Hull Longer and thus adding one more wheel section. When I started my conversion I Measured and made calculations from my references and Figured that the Hull was About Four Feet Longer, the only Problem was Coming Up with the Correct Turret which I had to Scratch Build from part of A T-80 turret and then I scratch built the crew section that is just behind the turret and in front of the Engine Compartment. On my build I also incorporated A Engine from the Edward resin conversion.
CHEERS; MIKE.

Wakemeup
Visit this Community
Napoli, Italy
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2015 - 01:13 AM UTC
Hi Mike...can you post some pics?!?How is it the resin?!I would have a photo of the cover of the 2a42 gun barrels...it has a different layout if compared with the BMPT standard...

Cheers

Ciro
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2015 - 06:12 AM UTC
Hi Ciro;

I Must Admit that I have told you about A Different Vehicle altogether, My Mistake And Not Yours !!
Correct me if I am wrong, you are asking about the Terminator, which I have not Built and can not Speak about, the only thing that I can say is that TBS makes some great all resin conversions !
Again my Apoligies for steering you in the wrong direction !!

CHEERS MY FRIEND; MIKE.
Wakemeup
Visit this Community
Napoli, Italy
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2015 - 11:06 AM UTC
Don't worry Mike,it's ok....so I can assume that the quality of the resin is good....

Cheers

Ciro
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 06:01 AM UTC
I have the TBS kit. It is ok, but a bit rough in places. Instructions are 2 photos with 2 pictures each... PE is good, gun barrels REALLY need to be replaced. In my opinion, not worth as much as I paid for it on eBay, but with work you can get a nice model no one else has.

Wakemeup
Visit this Community
Napoli, Italy
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 10:46 AM UTC
Hi Jacques,do you have other pictures?!or a wip of the model somewhere?!
I need photos of the "gun mantlet"....

Let me know

Cheers

Ciro
duttons
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 184 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 02:14 PM UTC
Ciro,
I have one on front of me as well, unbuilt, and agree with previous comments completely.
instructions are a bit weak, being only those photos, resin is reasonable, much better than one o worked with recently, perhaps on a par in general with accurate armour.
Guns are only some tube, have turned barrels to replace as they are very weak point.

Not sure if this differs from the Meng or now Zvezda terminators. I never thought one would be done in plastic hence I jumped in. Agree but overpriced, especially as will need Tamiya donor kit for the hull.

Just looking at i'd consider building the plastic versions instead just for ease of construction.

Cheers
Wakemeup
Visit this Community
Napoli, Italy
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 03:14 PM UTC
Hi Scott,thank you....I would love to see some pics of the "turret" and the "mantlet cover" for the gun barrels...can you take some close-up photos?!

Regards

Ciro
MassimoTessitori
Visit this Community
Italy
KitMaker: 278 posts
Armorama: 278 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 05:00 PM UTC
But are you sure that the photos are for the conversion to a BMPT-72 and not a normal BMPT as those produced by Meng and Zvezda? For what I remember, BMPT-72 shouldn't have the hatches aside the driver's one, and missile tubes should be installed obliquely.
Regards
Massimo
Wakemeup
Visit this Community
Napoli, Italy
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 05:17 PM UTC
Massimo I mean the version in this post

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/223795&page=1

Bmpt-72

duttons
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 184 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 06:28 PM UTC
Terribly sorry for the confusion, mine is definitely not the futuristic terminator 2. Its the bmp as done by meng and zvezda, which is why I was suggesting I'd go that path.
Sorry to muddy the waters, didn't realise there was such a thing.
Looks interesting though.
Wakemeup
Visit this Community
Napoli, Italy
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 07:05 PM UTC
No problem Scott,as a side note....the version that you have is not exactly the Meng and Zvezda offer.It's based on a prototype,an updated version of the first "batch" that looks like the "final version" ,Meng and Zvezda (BMPT) offer are the "final" version based on t-72/90 chassis while the BMPT-72 is a vehicle that "update" a t-72 tank only....

Cheers

Ciro
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 11:30 AM UTC
Confusion reigns. I forgot about the "other" TBS BMPT, the BMPT-72.

I only have the BMPT kit, not the BMPT-72. If we are talking about the BMPT, then the plastic is better than the resin kit.

I think the TBS kit represents the m2005 short run that were sold to Kurgistan, but I am not sure. Will try to do better pics tomorrow.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 11:32 AM UTC
Oh, and it looks like they are trying to offer the turret to modernize T-55's without changing the T-55 hull at all. No pics to show though.
 _GOTOTOP