_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
diorama buying
armyfiremn
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 90 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2002 - 11:56 AM UTC
with all these great looking dioramas keith magees to name just one. i'm wondering if i can pay someone to build me one or if i see any i like on the web site would anyone be interested in selling one considering i currently have a extreme lack of experience in building them.
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2002 - 12:50 PM UTC
Please send me your email address, and i will send you a gallery CD-ROM of professionally done dioramas that I have in stock and available for sale. Everything from Jews evacuating a small village to large vignettes... i probalby have about 20 of musuem quality availalbe for sale in my studio, and another half dozen under way that are being built on "spec" (ie, these have not been commissioned by a buyer but will be advertised and sold on the open market).

Keith Magee ([email protected])
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2002 - 02:12 PM UTC
Lack in experience isn't solved by buying. If you don't like the building a dio part, then it's OK off course, but it's far more fun to try it out yourself.

and hey....if the result isn't what you expected....than there's a challenge to do it better next time. Don't be over expecting though. Do one step at a time. Concentrate on one or two specific features on a dio, like weathering, landscaping or...whatever. Learn as you build.

Maybe there is just one or a couple of things that keep you from building a good dio. Just drop in the questions that are hampering you. The boys and girls over here will help you out with tips 'n tricks any time.

TRY BEFORE YOU BUY !!

and if you don't like the building a dio part....than buying is OK offcourse.

C'mon roll up them sleeves and go to it.......and the best part.....ENJOY.... whatever you do !!
CRYPTO1
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 18 posts
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2002 - 10:55 PM UTC
I may have exactly what your looking for ! Drop me a line at EBT3FX@ yahoo.com. In the meantime take a look at the AMPS2002 gallery located on this site look at page 3, you will find a aircraft bunker dio with a crashed Mi-8 . that is one of mine . Also you can check out my old website at http://www.pcmodeler.com/bruce. this should give you more info about EBT and what we are all about. Oh lets not forget the article about my Chechnya dio in the July 02 issue of finescale. Bruce
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2002 - 11:13 PM UTC
Bruce,
Welcome. It's great to have you on the site. I saw that dio in person (obviously as I took the pics you mentioned at AMPS). It was really great. You obviously like subjects that convey a lot of epic scale from looking at some of your other pieces too. Great stuff.

I know FSM shot a set of pics for that AMPS dio. Have they told you when they might include them in an upcoming issue?

We seem to have a growing gang of professional and part-time pro builders. Nice.

Cheers,
Jim
Spike9077
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 179 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2002 - 06:12 AM UTC
I bought a set of pieces from Keith and they were terrific. I didn't buy any full buildings, just a set of a bunch of unpainted, plaster building ruins in 1/35. They work great and I would recmmend him for you.

Mark
armyfiremn
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 90 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2002 - 06:20 AM UTC
thanks for the replies everyone. looks like keith will be getting my business as soon as i can get rid of my beer budget.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2002 - 07:28 AM UTC
As requested here is the link to Bruce's blown-up bunker dio. Starts with the second image to the right.

Click here for images

Oh and I fixed his link to his EBT3 site also.

Cheers,
Jim
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2002 - 07:34 AM UTC
Very good work their guy.
Jeff
Spike9077
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2002 - 10:27 AM UTC
He's got some great dios on his website. I love how he does camo nets, and would like to know how. :-)

Mark
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2002 - 05:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

He's got some great dios on his website. I love how he does camo nets, and would like to know how.

I seond the question. May be an article ?
CRYPTO1
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2002 - 10:41 PM UTC
Thanks for the compliments Guys! Jim to answer your question Yes Finescale will be printing continuous articles for the next few years! LOL especially since they have about ten years worth of my work photos. I look forward to posting here Armorama soon. I do my netting using cheesecloth(surgical gauze) dipping it in watered down elmers applying it to the vehcle before painting. Then i paint and weather as usual. How many of you all are going to Nats this year? Cheers
Bruce
:-)
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2002 - 06:45 AM UTC
I cant understand why anybody would want to buy anothers dio. No fault to the guys making these dios for a living... there is obviously a market, but there is so much to learn from building dios that can be taken further to your vehicles. Weathering, stowage and battle damage on a vehicle only continue and help the dio theme. There is so much information and help available now to help the absolute beginner, that it seems insane to start out the hobby by buying anothers work.
Im not saying I wouldnt want to own some of these masterpieces that these guys build, but I wouldnt feel the sense of achievement that I get when I complete a model or dio. Just my point of view.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2002 - 07:35 AM UTC
Hmm...well I for one would pay a pretty penny for some of Shep Paines original dios from the 70's. Worn down though they may be now.

Jim
Spike9077
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2002 - 10:04 AM UTC
Sarge, that is why I just bought unpainted building pieces from Keith. They are a great starting pieces for a beginner to work on, and since they are unpainted they get to do all the work really. Thats what I would suggest.

Mark
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2002 - 11:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for the compliments Guys! Jim to answer your question Yes Finescale will be printing continuous articles for the next few years! LOL especially since they have about ten years worth of my work photos. I look forward to posting here Armorama soon. I do my netting using cheesecloth(surgical gauze) dipping it in watered down elmers applying it to the vehcle before painting. Then i paint and weather as usual. How many of you all are going to Nats this year? Cheers
Bruce
:-)

Bruce......Wow, so that's YOUR piece in FSM huh? My personal congrats on the article inclusion! I just finished reading that issue and the article on your 'Grozny, Cechnya' downtown ruin. Excellent stuff Bruce! I just loved the challenge to the reading audience by FSM to find your sniper. Makes you care about his outcome
I also second the notion to have you write and share some of your obvious talent with the 'clan' here at Armorama. If you spend any time here at all you will quickly find out that we are an extremely supportive crowd. Your input here in this forum would be warmly appreciated by ALL!

Tread.

BTW, just love your website too. Only wish I was building models and dios for a living too!
That would be just Heaven...
CRYPTO1
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 05:53 AM UTC
Thanks TreadHead! I have noticed that the people here on this site seem to truly enjoy the art form. That I find to be absolutely fantastic. Look at it this way if we as artists don't continue to foster a positive image in this medium, what is going to happen when we are gone?

Cheers

Bruce :-)
Spike9077
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 01:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks TreadHead! I have noticed that the people here on this site seem to truly enjoy the art form. That I find to be absolutely fantastic. Look at it this way if we as artists don't continue to foster a positive image in this medium, what is going to happen when we are gone?

Good point. :-)

Mark
 _GOTOTOP