Hosted by Darren Baker
S-Models T-35A
sabredog
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 607 posts
Armorama: 599 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 09:03 AM UTC
Completed this build not so long ago. A really nice kit, though the plastic is rather brittle and I had to use a razor saw to remove the more delicate parts from the sprue.

Painted using Vallejo Air Russian Green. It is a lighter shade than Model Air which adds a bit of variation. I used the airbrush on this build, an increasingly common occurrence for me now. Faded panels using a lighter shade of the 4BO and then got stuck into weathering using filters, washes and dot oil filters. Mig powders were used throughout as well.

The figure is from Preiser and was added after the main pics had been taken as I thought having a figure on the base really showed just how big the T-35A was.

Pics are taken by my iphone at the clubhouse.

Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 09:49 AM UTC
@sabredog – Michael,

I have to admit that I just like these multi-headed monster landships and you’ve turned out quit the beast!

Excellent job on the project, the overall colors and weathering on the vehicle looks very convincing. Great looking base and figure too. Nothing adds better scale representation to a subject and action than dose a figure. You’ve been turning out some very good ground work for your bases and this one is another fine example, a skill I will need to work on. And very good set of photographs, I like the splashes of color thrown in and around the vehicle to accent the overall greenery, most appealing to the eye.

Thanks for posting and sharing your builds here, looking forward to seeing more . . .

~ Eddy
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 11:32 PM UTC
Michael,

What an interesting and again mono-cloured subject. It does make one wonder about the effectiveness of these multi turreted landships. As usual your treatment of/in a single colour is impressive. So, Preiser does make Soviet tank crewman or was it modified from something else?

Cheers,
Jan
Zhivago
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 109 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2015 - 12:03 AM UTC
I've got this tank on a wish list, and seeing this build just makes me want to jump right in and start one. Excellent treatment all around, and the figure for scale is a great touch. I love the multi-turreted tanks, as well. In fact, I think the tanks from the inter-war years are fascinating, if only because of their odd looks.
erhntly
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,426 posts
Armorama: 464 posts
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2015 - 03:29 AM UTC
Good finish Michael, it's a referance for me
Erhan...
sabredog
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 08:20 AM UTC
Jan

Preiser have (or at least did) Soviet WW2 tankers in their catalog.
Panther64
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 395 posts
Armorama: 365 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 03:34 AM UTC
Michael just add to the other comments, what a really nice build and the color variation in this scale is near phenomenal! The subject is also one that isn't seen much in our scale as well so kudos for sharing!
sabredog
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 10:59 AM UTC
Thanks everyone.

Even though I have a goodly number of German WW2 armour builds in my stash, I am not big on Panzers.

I enjoy bulding Russian armour from WW2 which in the main is one colour, so aim to make the finish as interesting as possible.

Got some more interesting multi-coloured WW1 subjects on the top of the to build pile currently.
 _GOTOTOP