Polish Garage Signs
deerstalker36
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 232 posts
Armorama: 218 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 02:51 PM UTC
Hi All,

i'm trying to build a small diorama situated in eastern europe, poland-ish centred around the Die Skatspieler set of figures sat outside a garage (using a scratchbuilt version of the miniart french farm building).

I've got some signs from the excellent FCModeltips (thanks Federico, great site) which has garage names, but i'm looking for the typical array of signs that festoon garage walls, but in Polish.

google searches have only bought up signs for polish as in shoe, no matter how i word them.

Anyone point me in the right direction please
wojtek1980
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 29 posts
Armorama: 25 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 04:21 PM UTC
I'm not sure if that's what you are looking for but maybe these photos will be helpful. While these are not garages, you may note some signs.

This one is from 1930's and shows a modernistic gas station located in Warsaw. Limanowa is company's name. Neon sign on the roof says STACJA OBSŁUGI LIMANOWA, which translates to SERVICE STATION LIMANOWA. On the right side of the roof there are words OLEJE (oils) and SMARY (lubricants).

This one was made in Katowice in 1936 and also shows a small gas station.

This one is also labeled as STACJA OBSŁUGI (service station), there is also a sign with owner's name and phone number (EDIT: just noted it's on the building on the other side of the street but it may serve as an example). Combine this one with OLEJE and SMARY painted on the wall and you have your garage. :-)

EDIT: two more photos of petrol distributors with some logos:

deerstalker36
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 232 posts
Armorama: 218 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 04:54 PM UTC
Brilliant, that's exactly what I was looking for

Thank you Wojciech
 _GOTOTOP