Leopard Dozer Blade
RotorHead67
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,174 posts
Armorama: 772 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 04:50 AM UTC
Am I correct,? In thinking that the Leopard 1 & 2, do not use
the same dozer blade and attachment hardware.?
Todd
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 05:48 AM UTC
Correct.

At the current time there is no standard issued dozer blade for the Leopard 2. There may have been trial versions but nothing in production or in use across the world-wide Leopard 2 users.

The Canadian Army has a plan to have dozers, plows, rollers with specific mounts for the Leopard 2s in use...at some point in the future.
RotorHead67
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 06:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Correct.

At the current time there is no standard issued dozer blade for the Leopard 2. There may have been trial versions but nothing in production or in use across the world-wide Leopard 2 users.

Jason
I thought each model had it's own. Wasn't the Leo 2 deployed to A-Stan with dozer kits. Kodiak & Buffel are already fitted w/ dozers, so I'm not considering those. I'm strictly referring to gun tanks. The PSO comes equipped as well.

I would just think that because of the evolution of development the (2) types used would be different and not universal on both.

...mind U we don't have Leo's in the states.
Todd
2002hummer
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 812 posts
Armorama: 110 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 06:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Correct.

The Canadian Army has a plan to have dozers, plows, rollers with specific mounts for the Leopard 2s in use...at some point in the future.

Yeah Right, with military cutbacks and the F35 screw up where will the money come from. Beside the Canadian Government is not known for its wise desicions.
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 07:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Correct.

Jason
I thought each model had it's own. Wasn't the Leo 2 deployed to A-Stan with dozer kits. Kodiak & Buffel are already fitted w/ dozers, so I'm not considering those. I'm strictly referring to gun tanks. The PSO comes equipped as well.

I would just think that because of the evolution of development the (2) types used would be different and not universal on both.

...mind U we don't have Leo's in the states.
Todd

Nope, none of the Leopard 2s in Afghanistan had dozer blades. There was an improvised mount made for the mine roller bra to use on the 2A6M CAN and 2A4M CAN but it was not up to proper military specs so it is not used in Canada.

The aging Leopard C2s with dozers and mine plows were kept side by side with the Canadian Leopard 2s in Afghanistan so the dozer and mine plow capability could be retained.

The Leopard 2A5 PSO was fitted with a dozer blade...but it is a demonstrator and shows what it possible on the Leopard 2. I would expect that a production dozer blade will look very similar to the version used on the PSO.

True, the Kodiak and Buffel have dozers but they also have internal hydraulics so the set up is very different than what would be on a gun tank.
RotorHead67
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 07:42 AM UTC
Jason:
Yes.....BRAINFART WHAT WAS I THINKING?
MUST HAVE BUMPED MY HEAD

I concur: No production Leopard 2 blade, only Leopard 1 type
Todd
 _GOTOTOP